PDA

View Full Version : Used too much ZAIO, how to remove?

Josh S
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I used ZAIO for the first time and I think I used too much product and now I`m having a hard time removing it. I applied it using a gray LC pad with a PC but I now realize that I should have used less. The car is black and it is just not coming off cleanly. :furious:

Should I get as much off as I can then wipe down the car with Z6 or Z8 before my first coat of Z5? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

wfedwar
05-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Wipe off what you can, then go another round with the correct amount of ZAIO. That seems to work well with other products, anyway.

Setec Astronomy
05-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Have you tried Z6? That should work, but if it`s really "stuck" on there going back over it with ZAIO (perhaps by hand) should remove the residue.

Josh S
05-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the pointers. The Z6 wasn`t removing it well enough so I have been wiping as much as possible off, then doing another coat of ZAIO by hand as thin as possible and removing that cleans everything up pretty nicely.

For some reason I didn`t treat the ZAIO the same way I do Z5 with the super thin coats, I guess I`m paying for it now ;) Oh well I`ll have a nice clean base for the Z5 when I`m finished I guess.

wannafbody
05-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Reapplying ZAIO should remove the excess. Less is more.

charlesaferg
05-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Don`t apply it in the sun, and don`t let it dwell for excessive periods of time before removing.