PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On 3M Quickwax Spray?

Rhino
05-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I`ve been thinking about ordering some 3M Quickwax Detail Spray, but wanted to hear some feedback on it first. How does it compare to Meg`s QD?? Or is it basically the same? Also, can it be used as a clay lube with Sonus fine clay?Thanks in advance.

Ryan

jordanrossbell
05-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I cant honestly say that i have ever seen this product, but i thought i would let you know to keep in mind that meguiars and 3M are now the same company....and also using UQD and spray waxes arent really recommended by Megs to use with claying.

Rhino
05-10-2009, 02:57 PM
OK thanks. I was just thinking if it was safe to use it as a clay lube as well as a QD, I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. What, in your opinion, is a really good clay lube?

jordanrossbell
05-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Do you have any ONR? If so add about 2 oz to a gallon of water and you have a gallon of clay lube for really cheap...

If you dont have ONR, try either Meguiar`s Last Touch and cut it 1:1 or really any dedicated QD, exept UQD.

Legacy
05-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Comparing a QD to a spray wax or spray sealant is not the same. Spray on waxes and sealant are not QD`s and should not be used as such.

Rhino
05-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Comparing a QD to a spray wax or spray sealant is not the same. Spray on waxes and sealant are not QD`s and should not be used as such.

I see your point. I just kind of assumed that it IS a QD, but 3M markets it under the term "Quickwax".. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

Being a mobile business, I`ve been wanting to try ONR, so maybe I`ll go ahead and order some and dilute a little to "lube" strength. Thanks again, guys.