PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Night HDR-esque Shots of my 2011 Ford Fiesta

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lumadar
05-10-2009, 03:36 AM
To be clear, they are not true triple shot HDR shots, but they are raw shot 25 second exposure (night shots), and raw high quality day shots.

I think some came out REALLY cool. I have them hosted in a "set" on Flickr for my Fiesta Movement Live Feed (http://www.Fiestamovement.com) work.

Check them out...leave comments there and here if you are feeling generous

Ten Sweet High Quality Shots of the FIESTA (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_kleis/sets/72157617848944237/) <-- Click THIS link to see the PICTURES!

Thanks!

Mark Kleis

AKA Agent 67

Lumadar
05-10-2009, 01:19 PM
No love? Geese. Did anyone look at the high res version of the night shots? I thought they were pretty sweet...

mack4000
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
They are cool shots...but, more importantly, would you buy this car if you weren`t part of Ford`s promotion. I am curious about your impressions since you have had it a while.

Have you detailed it yet?

gamby
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Is Ford paying you to post these here???

I like the car (Ford needs this Stateside ASAP), but I can`t deal w/ those graphics.

ta240
05-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Is Ford paying you to post these here??

They get the car for free for a time, insurance cost included and have to go on `missions` for Ford. One of which is probably taking pictures and putting them online. But like the other responder said, I`d rather hear some real impressions of the car.

Maybe throw some LSP on it and post some closer shots.

They are kinda small distant shots and generally I don`t click on the links to see pictures in a photo album elsewhere, I`m click lazy that way.

idrift4wd
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
love the car!

very lucky to be choosen!

gamby
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
They get the car for free for a time, insurance cost included and have to go on `missions` for Ford. One of which is probably taking pictures and putting them online.

Eesh--I can just hear the douchey marketing guy in a conference room at Ford getting all excited about that idea. "HAY!!1! We can use the int3rw3b to do `alternative marketing`--the kid will love it!!! Someone make me Facebook page"

:rofl

Lumadar
05-11-2009, 12:30 AM
They are cool shots...but, more importantly, would you buy this car if you weren`t part of Ford`s promotion. I am curious about your impressions since you have had it a while.

Have you detailed it yet? Yes, actually, I will buy it when they release it with the "sport/Aero kit" which may be year 1, or year 2. I do not have an immediate need for the car since I have a very nice 2006 hatchback Focus with all kinds of mods, BUT, this car is such a pleasure to drive I do want one.

I have washed it several times, and applied UQW, but that is it.

Why? Because Meguiar`s and I are possibly going to film some work I do on the car to demo products and I don`t want to fix all the holograms it arrived with just yet...

Is Ford paying you to post these here???

I like the car (Ford needs this Stateside ASAP), but I can`t deal w/ those graphics. No, they are not paying me. I am posting because I love the car, and Ford, and thought I would share it with fellow auto enthusiasts.

The car will be here in June 2010 for sale. The graphics aren`t that bad, but I know what you mean. A couple edges are peeling so I just might take them off myself.

They get the car for free for a time, insurance cost included and have to go on `missions` for Ford. One of which is probably taking pictures and putting them online. But like the other responder said, I`d rather hear some real impressions of the car.

Maybe throw some LSP on it and post some closer shots.

They are kinda small distant shots and generally I don`t click on the links to see pictures in a photo album elsewhere, I`m click lazy that way.

It wasn`t a mission to post pictures, but you were right about the rest. I just like sharing the car...and I thought the pictures were pretty dang slick.

As for impressions, I have posted extensive info and created a FAQ on another forum if you are interested. I will also have a blog up soon that I will have more focused on answering questions and sharing my thoughts on the car.

To sum it up though, the car is a blast and a pleasure to drive. Ford hit a home run with this car.

love the car!

very lucky to be choosen! Thanks! I am lucky, and honored. It means a lot to me to say I am part of the launch of Ford`s first world car. It`s an experience of a lifetime. :spot

Eesh--I can just hear the douchey marketing guy in a conference room at Ford getting all excited about that idea. "HAY!!1! We can use the int3rw3b to do `alternative marketing`--the kid will love it!!! Someone make me Facebook page"

:rofl Do you know Scott Monty? Or any of the other social media experts at Ford? If you did, you probably wouldn`t throw words around like that.

They know what they are doing, it is a brilliant plan, well thought out, and being recieved extremely well.

In fact, Ford was just recognized as being the most social media/tech savvy automaker in the US- the Fiesta Movement was a big part of that.

Mock it all you like, it is great, SMART business.

Lumadar
05-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Here is a 30 sec video showing the condition of the paint day 1... holograms were even worse in person.

YouTube - Ford Fiesta Paint Close-up + Holograms in view (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49WjO2uTwc)

The color is Panther Black, and it has a tremendous amount of flake...half silver, half dark blue. I think it will look stunning when polished.

This second video shows the holograms, the overall car up close much better.

YouTube - 2nd Day of Fiesta Movement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF1CPx60pwQ)

SonicBlue05GT
05-16-2009, 07:12 AM
I wouldn`t relate the car to the word sexy unless there was a hot girl with it.

Alex Boyce
05-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Pics are cool, looks like you found a nice place that has different bulbs (incandescent/florescent) to give off different colors. I love taking night photos its gives it the `HDR` look of being dynamic, but doesn`t stack up to a real properly shot HDR photo. Again cool pics!

Lumadar
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM

Who did? :think:

NSXTASY
05-18-2009, 12:03 AM

I think even that would be a stretch.:LOLOL

"I set out on a mission: capture the beauty, sexiness, and style of the Fiesta. Mission accomplished. "

Lumadar
05-18-2009, 02:21 AM
I think even that would be a stretch.:LOLOL

"I set out on a mission: capture the beauty, sexiness, and style of the Fiesta. Mission accomplished. "

To each his own... :woot: it`s the best selling car (or 2nd best, depending on month or source) in all of Europe. It`s going to be the most gas efficient pure gas car in the class, and the best "driver`s car" too.

It got 5 stars from Jeremy Clarkson. He flat said he loves the car and thinks it is a great looking and performing vehicle.

Top Gear has done 3 different episodes on the new model alone. Considering their typical disdain for "American autos" I would say that is pretty impressive.

The snooze fests with sub-par mileage (Honda fit 27-33 MPG? LOL) coming from over seas are the ones to :LOLOL at.... but hey, maybe that is just me :clap:

Tasty
05-21-2009, 11:10 AM
The Honda Fit styling blows that thing out of the water. There are still connotations of low quality and lame styling with the Fiesta name IMO. What sells well in Europe doesn`t mean much in the states...