PDA

View Full Version : one batch of rinseless for multiple vehicles

king nothing
05-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Would it be OK to make up a larger batch of DP rinseless (say 2oz and 3 gal) and do 3 vehicles at once? Would you suggest using 2 buckets or using the hose to rinse the mitt between applications? If using the 2 bucket method with a single grit guard do you put it in the rinse bucket or wash bucket?

charlesaferg
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Sounds like what I use for a medium sized car, and even then I`m careful. No way I`d use it for more than one, especially if there are other people washing the other cars. What if they`re already at the bottom of the vehicle, while you`re still washing the door panels? Sounds like a recipe for swirls.

Accumulator
05-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Noting that I`m no authority on rinseless washes....

Yeah, the issue is likely to be contamination from the dirt getting transferred from the vehicles to the buckets. Three gallons doesn`t sound like much for more than one vehicle :think: But if you keep the mitt clean the wash bucket shouldn`t be getting very contaminated. OTOH you might find yourself using insufficient wash mix in an attempt to stretch it out long enough to do all the vehicles. I dunno...sounds like a bad idea to me.

I`d do whatever you can to keep the mitt(s) as clean as possible.

Seems like the grit-guard (which I don`t use) would normally go into the rinse bucket; that`s where you attempt to get the [stuff] of of the mitt. By the time the mitt gets into the wash bucket it oughta already be clean.

AeroCleanse
05-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I`ve managed to get 2 cars out of 3 gallons of ONR before the water looked black. I guess it would depend on how bad the cars are to start with.

Dsoto87
05-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Once heavy brake dust from cleaning the rims get in the bucket I wouldn`t use it on the paint. Brake dust doesn`t seem to sink to the bottom like dirt but floats on the surface. I wouldn`t want to get any of that on the paint.

I DO use the same bucket more than once though.

Example 1: Ill wash the car fully and do the wheels last. At the next wash ill use the same wash to do the wheels first this time. But I dump it after that

Example 2: Ill only wash the paint since sometimes ill wash more than once in a week and I don`t need to clean the wheels. So ill use that same wash twice since the dirt isn`t heavy.

Accumulator
05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Heh heh, I`ll admit I`ve reused shampoo mix, but that`s with *my* wash techniques. As long as the shampoo bucket appears perfectly uncontaminated, sure..why not keep using it? But that might be unlikely for most people.

charlesaferg
05-10-2009, 12:50 PM
After spending multiple hours working on a beautiful black Porsche 928, somebody used dirty wheel water and a dirty wool weel mitt to wash that buttery soft soft single stage black paint. I must refrain from explaining the outcome.

Can you imagine how upset I had become?

:wall