PDA

View Full Version : Storing Products in Heat

cptzippy
05-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I know that freezing will effect/destroy some detailing products. How about heat? For marital bliss, I`d like to move some of my detailing stuff out to the garage/car port thing. It is enclosed on three sides (basically a garage without a door). First summer in Kansas but I imagine it will be somewhat warm.

So, are there any types of detailing products (ONR, QD, Polish, etc) that shouldn`t be stored in summer heat?

Thanks,

Tony

imported_Dave1
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Tell your wife fine, if she will move some of her makeup and hair care products out to the garage, you will too.........:D

Hovy
05-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Certain carnuba waxes cannot be stored in heat (some put it in fridge). Heats breaks the enzymes in carnuba waxes.

Other detailing products should be fine.

There again, it depends on how hot your garage gets but it should be fine.

GoudyL
05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Certain carnuba waxes cannot be stored in heat (some put it in fridge). Heats breaks the enzymes in carnuba waxes.

This enzymes in carnauba wax thing, is a pure bit of Zymol puffery. There is absolutely no such thing.

The reason not to store car care products in the heat is that it can destabilise emulsified products. If the product isn`t an emulsion (cleaning agents etc), then its not a problem.

Hovy
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
This enzymes in carnauba wax thing, is a pure bit of Zymol puffery. There is absolutely no such thing.

The reason not to store car care products in the heat is that it can destabilise emulsified products. If the product isn`t an emulsion (cleaning agents etc), then its not a problem.

You`re right. It was the "emulsified destabilization" that was the problem. My mistake.

I also agree with Zymol`s puffery.

cptzippy
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
So emulsified products - LSP`s and polishes right? So QD`s, Glass Cleaner, Car wash would be ok?

nosbusa1700
05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Here`s what the people at Pinnacle told about storing my waxes.

They told me to store them in a climate controlled area inside of the home and not in the garage due to the heat in the summer.

So I moved all my waxes, sealants & QD`s inside in my laundry room cabinets. My garage already gets to a little over 100 degrees in the summer. And that`s without the heat from two cars "closed up" in the garage after the drive home from work.

You can always try it and see what happens, but I have too much money invested in my Carnauba`s and sealants and to take a chance. :)

GoudyL
05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
So emulsified products - LSP`s and polishes right? So QD`s, Glass Cleaner, Car wash would be ok?

Glass cleaner, Carwash should be ok. Anything creamy, pasty or shiny should be kept indoors.

craigdt
05-10-2009, 10:55 AM
As a fellow Kansan, I wouldnt store myself outside, so I dont store my supplies outside. :D

Glass cleaner, APC, wash, etc. those things I keep outside.

But the polishes, glazes, waxes, sealants, I store indoors.

It gets hot as all get out during the summer in Kansas.