PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Menzerna Power Gloss on this GTI?

armada
05-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi I bought last month a bottle of POS34A Menzerna Power Gloss and I was wondering if that car would need a heavy treatment like the power gloss. I know vw clear are very hard to work. here a pic for exemple....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/jeanoliviercorbeil/LasVegas054.jpg

can I use the power gloss with an pc via an orange pad ???? thanks

Legacy
05-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Sure you can, but do you really need that heavy compound? I would try something like SIP or IP first using a white pad. Remember least aggressive product and pad first.

termigator
05-09-2009, 02:47 PM
PowerGloss would make it worse. Try IP or SIP with the white pad first. Try orange if it doesn`t take it out.

charlesaferg
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
PowerGloss would make it worse. Try IP or SIP with the white pad first. Try orange if it doesn`t take it out.

Sure, S34A Powergloss is warranted, but it depends on the machine and user.

OP, how much experience do you have in the field of paintwork correction, and what kind of machines have you used? If you`re new, I recommend using Menzerna PO85RD3.02/PO83Q Super Intensive Polish, followed by Menzerna PO106FF/FA Nano with a Flex 3401 using White/Green pads consecutively.

Like I said, I don`t know your experience level or what machines you have available. A PC doesn`t take advantage of Powergloss the same way a rotary or a Flex 3401 would, so I would recommend two full applications of Super Intensive Polish, followed by a finer finishing polish such as Nano. Otherwise you`d just be making a mess and frustrating yourself. Regardless, with a PC I would recommend using an orange pad on the first application, a white pad on the second, and then a green pad for your application of Nano polish, then finally your LSP.

Legacy
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Sure, S34A Powergloss is warranted, but it depends on the machine and user.

OP, how much experience do you have in the field of paintwork correction, and what kind of machines have you used? If you`re new, I recommend using Menzerna PO85RD3.02/PO83Q Super Intensive Polish, followed by Menzerna PO106FF/FA Nano with a Flex 3401 White/Green consecutively.

Like I said, I don`t know your experience level or what machines you have available. A PC doesn`t take advantage of Powergloss the same way a rotary or a Flex 3401 would, so I would recommend two full applications of Super Intensive Polish, followed by a finer finishing polish such as Nano. Otherwise you`d just be making a mess and frustrating yourself. Regardless, with a PC I would recommend using an orange pad on the first application, a white pad on the second, and then a green pad for your application of Nano polish, then finally your LSP.He said he wanted to try PG with an orange pad using a pc.

charlesaferg
05-09-2009, 08:27 PM
He said he wanted to try PG with an orange pad using a pc.

Yes, indeed he did.

Once I realized this, I added that advice on the bottom regarding a potential PC procedure. I just didn`t feel that I had to remove any of my post, either.

Thanks, though. I appreciate the clarification, because I almost missed it.

armada
05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys, it will be my 8 cars details so I`m new to detailing, I will go with the SIP cause it is safer (well due to my experience...) thanks you very much as a newbies it is really appreciated to receive help from pro like you.