PDA

View Full Version : Monster Fluffy vs new Zaino MF towel

cptzippy
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Been using the Prima Monster Fluffy for a while as a QD and now ONR towel. I`m wondering how it compares to the new Zaino towel. I like the sound of the zaino towel except for one thing - the part about expecting some fraying. Not sure I want to spend 8 bucks on a towel and have it fray.

I`d also entertain suggestions on other super fluffy detailing towels.

Thanks,

Tony

gmblack3
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I prefer the zaino towel for Z6/Z8 over any of the fluffy towels that I have. I do like the fluffy towels for doing QEW washes. I have washed my zaino towels at least 6 times and they still look new.

eyezack87
05-08-2009, 04:58 PM
This is the fluffiest towel I own. Its called a shag rag :)

12"x16" Shag Rag (3 Pack) (http://stores.theragshack.com/-strse-11/Shag-Rag-Microfiber/Detail.bok)

shakashaunz
05-08-2009, 05:28 PM
This is the fluffiest towel I own. Its called a shag rag :)

12"x16" Shag Rag (3 Pack) (http://stores.theragshack.com/-strse-11/Shag-Rag-Microfiber/Detail.bok)

Looks a lot like the Eurow shag towels I bought last year, just with a higher price.

Hovy
05-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I am also a big fan of the Zaino towel. I use them to finish the drying of my cars after a Vac N Blow dry method.

a.k.a. Patrick
05-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Eurow FTW............

Legacy
05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I don`t understand why people use an extra thick or fluffy mf to QD. It only absorbs the product and you use more. A nice soft shorter nap mf is the way to go and then you can use an extra fluffy mf for final wipe. JMO

Hovy
05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I don`t understand why people use an extra thick or fluffy mf to QD. It only absorbs the product and you use more. A nice soft shorter nap mf is the way to go and then you can use an extra fluffy mf for final wipe. JMO

I agree. I use a normal thickness scratch free MF like SONUS to apply products and a little thicker to do a final buff.

armoredsaint
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Big +1 :werd:

cptzippy
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I didn`t use my monster fluffy`s much until I started using ONR. The extra nap makes me feel more comfortable taking the ONR off (not sure why but it does).

Legacy
05-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I didn`t use my monster fluffy`s much until I started using ONR. The extra nap makes me feel more comfortable taking the ONR off (not sure why but it does).Nothing wrong with using a fluffy for wiping. Do you use 2 fluffies? I like to use an ultra soft ww to get the bulk of the ONR off and then use a QD to get the remaining ONR off.

cptzippy
05-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Been trying to figure out what order works for me. I have been using fluffy first and then some QD/Hydro with a WW for the second. Haven`t had a lot of moisture left over from the first pass. Been thinking about using the fluffy for both passes. Does using the WW first work well for you legacy?

Legacy
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
[quote name=`cptzippy`]Been trying to figure out what order works for me. I have been using fluffy first and then some QD/Hydro with a WW for the second. Haven`t had a lot of moisture left over from the first pass. Been thinking about using the fluffy for both passes. Does using the WW first work well for you legacy?[/QUOTE I do just the opposite. I use the ww to get the ONR off and then use a QD for a final wipe using a mf. You don`t need any left over moisture if using a QD.

cptzippy
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM
That`s why I`m using the QD to help ensure there lubrication for the second pass. I`ll try it your way, makes sense to use the WW first.