PDA

View Full Version : M105 vs Menz IP?

LeadingEdgeDetail
05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Just wondering, I`ve never used M105 before but I LOVE Menzerna`s IP for correction with the 4" PC pads on speed 6.. Finishes down almost perfectly with very good defect removal...

Opinions?

stiffdogg06
05-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Two TOTALLY different products. One has abrasives that breakdown(IP) and the other has abrasives that do not break down(105).

105 will have more cut regardless.

And what do you want opinions on?

Eisen Hulk
05-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Andy is spot on.

105 has so much more cut, it`s not even close.

dublifecrisis
05-08-2009, 07:00 AM
IP could be used after 105, but if you`re getting good correction with IP and 4incher then you`re good right? I have both as well but I don`t always get sufficient correction with the IP. It`s good for light swirls or will work for moderate swirls on softer paint.

Accumulator
05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I`d compare M105 to Power Gloss instead. My (best) painter says PG has a *LOT* more cut for him than M105, but I think he was working with a pre-production sample of the M105 (it didn`t come in the regular bottle). He was so unimpressed that he`s gonna give me the M105 if he can find it (gave it to his wife to use on the stove, not sure what she did with it...).

LeadingEdgeDetail
05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Ok, as you guys can probably tell the only time I`ve ever heard of M105 is mentioned on here, so I have NO real-life experience with it....

I`m wondering if M105 on a 6.5" pad on the PC, do I need to follow with something else for ultimate gloss?

That is why I am liking Menz IP so much, it is a final before waxing product when used with a D/A.

Powergloss is most definitely not a LSP ready product, so is M105 also?

I have been using PG when I need to get 2000+grit sanding out, as well as severely scratched and marred paints... But I also notice that PG is a very `light` product in terms of correction, for such an abrasive gritty compound...

What works better than PG?

What works better than IP that finishes LSP ready on D/A?

I believe that is the question I`m seeking answered....

:buffing::clap:

LeadingEdgeDetail
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I`d compare M105 to Power Gloss instead. My (best) painter says PG has a *LOT* more cut for him than M105, but I think he was working with a pre-production sample of the M105 (it didn`t come in the regular bottle). He was so unimpressed that he`s gonna give me the M105 if he can find it (gave it to his wife to use on the stove, not sure what she did with it...).

Alright, that helps :) I also believe that PG is one of the best products for cut and finishing well that I have EVER seen.

Do you agree/disagree? I trust your opinion! :tribe:

Accumulator
05-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok, as you guys can probably tell the only time I`ve ever heard of M105 is mentioned on here, so I have NO real-life experience with it....

I`m wondering if M105 on a 6.5" pad on the PC, do I need to follow with something else for ultimate gloss?...Powergloss is most definitely not a LSP ready product, so is M105 also?

I found that even M105 couldn`t do the job on that big a pad using the PC. I stuck the same pad on the Flex and it worked great, but on the PC it was a waste of time.

And yeah, M105 does finish out nicely but you`ll still need a final finishing polish afterwards.

What works better than PG?..I also believe that PG is one of the best products for cut and finishing well that I have EVER seen.

Do you agree/disagree?

Beats me :nixweiss If my painter says the PG has more cut than M105 then who am I to argue (not having used the PG)?

If you like PG I dunno if there`s any reason to try M105.

Jason M
05-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I`ve had good luck with 6.5" polishing pads via DA and 105. Pads more aggressive than the 8006 tend to drag too much in the 6.5" size with #105 on a DA. As long as I get a good amount of product primed into the pad and stick to 20" X 20" sections I get good correction via DA with it.

But as Accumulator stated, some people have poor results with the bigger pads via DA. YMMV.

And yes, you will want to follow #105 with something else before going to wax. I also agree with Accumulator that if you are happy with what PG does for you then why switch?

#105 is a great product but not always the answer to every paint defect question. Lately I have been using much more of the SOLO liquid than #105. Less cut, finishes out similar and a little easier to work with IMO.