PDA

View Full Version : Whats better then Meguiar`s APC+?

gofastman
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I like APC+ but I want something safer and as or more effective if possible, does OPT Powerclean fit the bill? a gallon is $30 vs $15 for APC+ via Autogeek is it worth it?

Bert
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
When you say safer, what do you mean? Diluted 10:1 APC+ is pretty safe on paint, carpet, upholstery, dash, etc. Even at 4:1 you shouldn`t have any problems.

gofastman
05-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Safer for people, pets, and the environment. APC+ seems like its pretty caustic/toxic to me :nixweiss

Marc Hufnagel
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
4:1 really dried out my hands after cleaning some wheels with it. 2 days or so before they felt `normal` again.

imported_sal329
05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I have had great results with FK 121

HappyWax
05-07-2009, 05:44 PM
4:1 really dried out my hands after cleaning some wheels with it. 2 days or so before they felt `normal` again.

+1

APC (I`m not sure about APC +) is really tough on skin -It`s not like sticking your hand in a vat of acid but it definitely made my hands sore.

I looked into the optimum cleaner too and at the time I couldn`t justify the extra cost. When the megs runs out I may reconsider...

wfedwar
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
303 Aerospace Cleaner, AKA 303 Vinyl/Fabric Cleaner

Very easy on hands, but also pretty effective in my experience. At 10:1, I have found it cleans old silicone dressings somewhat better than Meg`s #39 and is most comparable in cleaning power to 1Z Cockpit Premium. In fact, when I`m out of CP, I plan to use 303 in its place. I`ve found dilutions of 10-20:1 are effective for multi-purpose use. I have a gallon and I figure it will last me a very long time. It seems like a mild cleaner, but it actually seems to remove grease and silicone like a decent degreaser. I have found the recommended 32:1 dilution to be a little unrealistic, however.

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/autogeek_2054_4921525

Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/303552.html)

gofastman
05-07-2009, 08:27 PM
has anyone used Duragloss All Purpose Cleaner APC 401?

Derek173
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Try Optimum Power Clean.

ToadWart
05-07-2009, 10:53 PM
anyone know what APCs are safest for your skin and health?

salty
05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Pow`r` clean and Econo clean might be in the US, both not WHMIS regulated and highly dilute able and work very well.

I have never tried the new products that the big companies are coming out with, like Johnson & Johnson, but they might be worth a try if they are safe for cars.

MrCLRider
05-08-2009, 06:18 AM
I do not know if it is just me, but even when i`m cleaning inside with chemicals, may it be cleaning the shower, toilet, kitchen or whatever, I always wear gloves. I do not know if it my skin or whatever, but just washing dish`s sometimes without gloves my hands may hurt for a little bit.

I would just recommend wearing gloves when using chemicals for any reason.

RustyBumper
05-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I`ve used Optimum Power Clean a couple of times at a friends shop a couple of times and I have to say that this is a very impressive product. I`m not sure at what ratio he diluted it but did an awesome job of cleaning everything from pedals to leather!! It`s incredible how much gunk is trapped in seats, until you see it rise to the surface. Power Clean left the seats looking like new again.

BearValley
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I do not know if it is just me, but even when i`m cleaning inside with chemicals, may it be cleaning the shower, toilet, kitchen or whatever, I always wear gloves. I do not know if it my skin or whatever, but just washing dish`s sometimes without gloves my hands may hurt for a little bit.

I would just recommend wearing gloves when using chemicals for any reason.

I wear gloves for doing dishes or my hands get dried out really bad. Since I have gloves for doing dishes I naturally wear them for other cleaning tasks as well.

gofastman
05-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I picked up another bottle of PPC Crud Remover, deffenetly not safer than APC+ but I found a place that carrys it localy and I want to try it on upolstery at 50:1, Ill report back with the results soon :buffing: