PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Brown Method?

74 thing
05-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I have not been detailing since winter and am just in the process of getting some 105 & 205 to try out. I have not had time to visit this site for a while as well and I am reading about the KBM using these products.

My arsenal in the past has been Menzerna PG, SIP, 106ff or maybe Meguiars 83& 80-all products using the diminishing abrasives. I did some corrections with the PC and some with the rotary, but always finished best with 106ff on a rotary.

Now if I am understanding correctly these new products do not have diminishing abrasives so you work them a bit differently. Per the KBM method you are suppose to prime the pad a bit more then normal and then lay a bead down, then begin polishing immediately with some pressure then when the product starts breaking down you lighten up and spritz the panel then finish out.

Is the advantage of these new products that it cuts down on correction time and gets rid of maybe a middle polishing step to futher cut down on time?

I did do a search and saw many references to this method, but was unsure and did not see a post by Kevin Brown explaining the method so just wanted to clarify before I gave these products a shot.

Thanks for the help and any suggestions!

chml17l
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
:secret See #234... http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/116509-kevin-brown-method-my-understanding-13.html