PDA

View Full Version : Two Eco-Friendly Brands - Have You Tried Them?

tresola
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I found a couple of very interesting eco-friendly detailing brands - Green Earth Technologies and Eco Touch.

Has anyone had experience with either one? I was thinking of using them for my detailing, but would like to have a review before I spend the cash...

Thanks!

AeroCleanse
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
I use Optimum No Rinse for washing.

charlesaferg
05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I found a couple of very interesting eco-friendly detailing brands - Green Earth Technologies and Eco Touch.

Has anyone had experience with either one? I was thinking of using them for my detailing, but would like to have a review before I spend the cash...

Thanks!

Do you mean Green Earth Cleaning products?

I have used Eco touch to wash my car when I`m not in town and I can`t find anything else. Good stuff, but overpriced. I`m assuming that`s because I end up buying it at Whole Foods Market.

I concur with the previous poster, I use ONR for washing, but I typically dilute it in a very light solution of P21S bodywork conditioning shampoo, because we don`t have water restrictions here in Portland, Oregon. Try it sometime if you can.

imported_WCD
05-09-2009, 09:41 PM
We are using 4 oz. max per car and spending about 85 cents per car on the wash product + a bit on dressing and APC for bumpers and wheels.

Rob

Get yourself a pressurized sprayer that puts out less product- you do not need a plastic spray bottle sprayer.

ZippyZoom
10-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I know of a company that sells a waterless wash in Orange County, Califronia. Not the S.F area, but is in Cali. And do offer an online purchase option.

MichaelSpoots
10-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I know of a company that sells a waterless wash in Orange County, Califronia. Not the S.F area, but is in Cali. And do offer an online purchase option.

Welcome, and thanks for the details! I`ll go buy some from them right now :xyxthumbs.

All I can offer is that I just started using ONR, and it is wonderful. I will dial in my technique/process in future washes, but my first experience was great. Used two 5`gallon GritGuarded buckets with 4gallons each, and it did my whole car with ease. I had a lot of still-usable ONR in the wash bucket at the end.

Sorry, no experiences with those Green Earth brands. I have heard of them, though.

Big Leegr
10-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Welcome, and thanks for the details! I`ll go buy some from them right now :xyxthumbs.

I think he`s "in some way affilliated" with Bayes waterless wash, as there is a link in his signature for them:
Bayes Cleaners - Waterless Carwash

a.k.a. Patrick
10-18-2009, 08:38 AM
I think he`s "in some way affilliated" with Bayes waterless wash, as there is a link in his signature for them:

Could be on to something with their first post.

I was not excited about the Eco-Touch products at all. I thought the waterless carwash soap was just that............soapy water, something I could have mixed in my kitchen sink. The chrome polish didnt polish anything, it was just another soapy formula. I ended up taking it to our citys hazardous household waste day, which is held monthly and absorbs everything I dont like!

lw81
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM
I`ve only tried ecotouch so i can`t compare. There`s a learning curve to waterless car washing but once you get a hang of it you`ll be surprised how clean your car looks.

Just make sure you use several microfiber towels and buff right away. I like to have a bucket of water that i rinse the towels in.

I`m still not convinced waterless is the next big thing. considering I live in the great white north where salt and mud can be a challenge.

I think of waterless like a polisher between washes if you wash your car regularly. If you wash your car twice a year it may not be the product for you. So as a detailer you`ll want to make sure you see your customers at least 3 times a month for this product to do its job.

gofastman
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
GET wheel cleaner (http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/122510-green-earth-technologies-wheel-cleaner.html) (bottom of that thread)

It`s good stuff, I recommend it. Use it often though, It isn`t super powerful