PDA

View Full Version : OCW - find it difficult to apply

Pages : [1] 2 3

citanest
05-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi there,

I have been using OCW for some time now but never seem to get it right. I use MF towel as per the instruction. I always find myself leaving some spots and they are difficult to be removed once it`s dried.

I will just have to wait until the next car wash and get them off.

Am I apply too much or should I try using an applicating pad instead?

Can some experts show me the light?

thanks.

RC

corrswitch
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi there,

I have been using OCW for some time now but never seem to get it right. I use MF towel as per the instruction. I always find myself leaving some spots and they are difficult to be removed once it`s dried.

I will just have to wait until the next car wash and get them off.

Am I apply too much or should I try using an applicating pad instead?

Can some experts show me the light?

thanks.

RC

Hi RC,

I`ve found the same thing as well.

It dries pretty quickly and its still slick but has some sort of hazing effect...not sure if I described it correctly.

Buffing it over and over again removes some of it but not all.

I found that if I use a detailer spray, re-dry some areas, I get get more of it off but it takes quite some time.

I can`t tell if I have 2.0 or 1.0...

The problem happens mainly on black cars. On a Silver car, it worked fine but maybe its because its hard to see.

Thanks RC, I thought I was the only one.

Setec Astronomy
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow, I`ve never found OCW residue to be difficult to remove, but anyway. I like to use two towels with these kinds of products, one to spread and work the product, and a second to remove. Since I just got a bunch of Blue Perl applicators on the cheap (not as good quality as the old ones I have), I think I`m going to try one of them next time for spreading.

Anyway, I`ve never had any problem like that, so I`d guess you`re using too much, but I have the original version, maybe you have the new stuff.

Dsoto87
05-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Same here setec. OCW is one of my easiest to apply lsps. I have never ever had any thing happen like that.

I use one of those yellow and red sonus towels. They are thin, looks like a waffle weave, but they`re soft as hell.

Fold the mf a few times. Spray the mf once to prime it. Spray the panel, work it in with the primed side than wipe down a few times with the dry side. I don`t even need to buff it off. Just wipe it down real quick and its gone. I have had a few spots that I missed, but they were never difficult to get off. Just wipe it with an mf.

I`ve used ocw in the full sun many times also and never had issues. You just need to spread it faster.

I really over apply this stuff also. I doubt that`s the problem. This is with the new version with the black car on the label. Which version are you using?

corrswitch
05-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Same here setec. OCW is one of my easiest to apply lsps. I have never ever had any thing happen like that.

I use one of those yellow and red sonus towels. They are thin, looks like a waffle weave, but they`re soft as hell.

Fold the mf a few times. Spray the mf once to prime it. Spray the panel, work it in with the primed side than wipe down a few times with the dry side. I don`t even need to buff it off. Just wipe it down real quick and its gone. I have had a few spots that I missed, but they were never difficult to get off. Just wipe it with an mf.

I`ve used ocw in the full sun many times also and never had issues. You just need to spread it faster.

I really over apply this stuff also. I doubt that`s the problem. This is with the new version with the black car on the label. Which version are you using?

Hmm, could not attach a picture but its the one with a black car. So I guess that`s the new version.

As mentioned it works great on silver. Worked as advertised.

I guess its some something peculiar on this black car. Maybe something is interfering with it.

I will try try again :)

Thanks.

Envious Eric
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I have the same problem, hence the reason my OCW v2 has been sitting on the shelf about 97% full for about 8 months now...

I would mist it on the panel, use a MF to wipe it off, and there would be streaky residue, and spots all over! I had to get out the QD and do a lot of rubbing to remove, which defeats the whole purpose!

OCW v1 was an amazing product! shouldn`t have changed it at all!!!

carlsson
05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I love the stuff. Easy on and I`d say easy off. Like Setec Astronomy said, two towels. I don`t think letting it set up and dry too long would be good. I pretty much wipe it on a given area or panel, and wipe it off- less than a few minutes between on and off.

Setec Astronomy
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Aw shucks, here I was looking forward to using the new version eventually...

imported_sal329
05-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I have never had a problem at all. I use the shagrag from rag shack and spritz the panel and buff. No residue of any kind. Toyotaguy how much you want for your dusty bottle lol, I ahve some Natty`s red or Chemical Guys EZ Creme or Wolfgang Sealant.

Bigpoppa3346
05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I`ve only used the new version a few times, but have used the old a lot in the past. No issues here with either product, probably one of my favorite LSPs.

Spritz a little on the panel, spread with an MF, take another MF and buff to a nice shine. I seriously have zero qualms about this stuff, I get consistent results and ease of use every time.

I am always using it over another product (usually Poli-Seal), maybe that is why I get such good results with it?

IBStoney1
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I have had the same issue with ocw flashing either too fast or leaving streaks and spots. I added 1 ounce of water to the bottle and have not had an issue since.

Cleaning Fool
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Never had an issue with OCW, but I swear it attracts dust like no other product Ive used before.

Dsoto87
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Setec pm me if you want a sample.

To the OP, I never read the directions on the bottle but are you actually letting it set up and haze?

When I apply I hardly let it set up. Just wipe on and wipe off.

salty
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Ive also seen it a dust magnet.

Also have had problems on raw paint, used as a LSP. Cleaning up polish it works well.

reparebrise
05-05-2009, 05:43 AM
We go through the stuff by the gallons, great product. We apply and remove without letting it haze over in teams of 2, one apply`s the other buffs. For teh static issue, change towels, in most cases that was the problem