PDA

View Full Version : Wash/Clay/Wax

micjmac
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
I searched the thread titles quickly and could not find the answer to my question. Anyway, I don`t own a PC right now and I want to wash/clay/wax my car. I`m concerned about waxing over all the contaminants on the paint (the car has never been clayed before). My question is as follows: if I use Mother`s clay bar on Acura paint, should I be concerned about seriously marring my paint? Again, I don`t have a polisher to fix this issue should it happen.

If you guys don`t think I should clay, is washing and waxing over dirty paint a bad idea? I`m not sure what I should do.

motobuild
05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Clay...just use very little pressure. More passes > More pressure.

I`d rather have some minor marring from claying than waxing right on top of that the crap on my car.

Setec Astronomy
05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
How old is the car and how have you been washing it? Depending on the answers to those questions, any clay marring might not be noticeable.

micjmac
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
How old is the car and how have you been washing it? Depending on the answers to those questions, any clay marring might not be noticeable.

The car is 3 years old. I wash it with the two bucket method.

Setec Astronomy
05-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I think you`ll be fine with the Mother`s clay. As noted, be very gentle, turn it often, toss it if you drop it. Most people find it better to break the clay bar up into smaller pieces that can be discarded when they get too dirty or if dropped.