PDA

View Full Version : Scratch/swirl removal from hard to reach..

b34tBoX
05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, just wondering how you combat scratches under door handles.

Or from underneath spoilers...etc.

Hard to reach places, what`s your advice!

PerroneFord
05-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I use something like M105 or ultimate compound and a microfiber. Just did under my door handles last weekend and it came out beautifully. Sometimes, you really are going to need to get in there by hand, or even one or two fingers at a time...

Accumulator
05-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Yep, M105 makes this a *whole lot* easier than it was a few years ago. Still takes time, but not the (literally) whole-afternoon type of time it used to take.

b34tBoX
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I use something like M105 or ultimate compound and a microfiber. Just did under my door handles last weekend and it came out beautifully. Sometimes, you really are going to need to get in there by hand, or even one or two fingers at a time...

Never thought of using a microfiber towel to polish, had always used it exclusively to buff.

I assume using an applicator pad would be OK to use with the abrasive as well?

Or does the MF utilize more cut in the process rather the foam?

GeorgesBlazah
05-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Ive used 105 on a applicator pads and never had any problems.

Accumulator
05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Same ol` same ol` when doing stuff by hand; most-to-least aggressive, generally speaking:

-Cotton terry and/or cut up foam cutting pads (I don`t recommend wool)

-Foam "wax applicator" pads

-MF cloths

But FWIW I do 90% of my by-hand work with a MF towel, that`s just me...and yeah, I`ve used the above application media with M105 and it worked fine on hard Audi/GM clear. Be a little careful using any *other* really aggressive product though.

02zx9r
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
m80 or 105 with a foam applicator pad under door handles. No problems here