PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Twins Rock!

golfer
05-03-2009, 06:45 PM
I performed my first "real" detail on my 5-month old black Porsche Cayman this weekend. Based on recommendations from other members, I used the Klasse Twins, and must say the results far exceeded my expectations. Even though I own a Porter Cable orbital buffer, I applied all products by hand, and found the process to be very simple. I started with Klasse AIO, and it was very easy to apply and remove. I followed that up with two coats of Klasse Glaze, spaced 24 hours apart. I applied very thin coats, and sprayed a small mist of Sonus Acrylic Spritz to my microfiber towel for easy removal. I have attached a picture showing the bottle of Klasse Glaze on my driveway in the reflection of the mirror-like finish. Note that I flipped the picture in the photo editor so the label on the bottle is not reversed. I am so excited with the results, now what should I do?

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_1983_flip.JPG

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_1985.JPG

Tasty
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Your attached picture is not attached.

golfer
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Yes, I know, but I don`t know how to fix this. When I try to submit the attachment, it keeps saying "upload failed" but my file meets the size specs. I did some searching and it says that new posts may be delayed until you have made 10 posts, and this is just my first post.

tib99
05-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Nice. I removed excess with damp MF cloth then finished with dry again. Maybe next time i will use Sonus Acrylic Spritz...

HappyWax
05-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Totally off subject but I think the Cayman is the best looking Porsche out there-

Nice Job on the detail - now protect it...

beastie
05-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Next steps are to add 3 more coats. With 2 coats, you ain`t seen nothing yet. If you find that you must experiment, Souveran works well as a topper on black, maybe a reference carnauba combo for black. But I tend to prefer AIO and SG x5 without any toppers. If you decide that you like the SG look, Aquawax is an excellent booster wax type product and it doesn`t change the Klasse look except minutely. I get more stares when the car has the Klasse twins compared to my other waxes.

mongo
05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
You may try topping it with Werkstatt Acrylic Jet Trigger for a more Wet Finish and fully compatable.

Hovy
05-09-2009, 08:53 AM
This is fantastic. Love the mirror effect. And let`s not even talk about durability. Because you sure got it with Klass. Unlike most carnuba waxes.

What color is your Cayman? Black or basalt black?

ps: Do you know the difference(s) between both? I am about to get a 09 Cayenne Turbo S and i have a choice between black and basalt black.

golfer
05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
My Cayman is plain black. Basalt Black is the metallic color, a $710 option. You should look at the cars in person to decide which color you like best. In my opinion, you can`t go wrong with either one. Have fun!

soccer6planet
05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I saw twins in the header and got excited :woohoo: , car looks good though

GS4_Fiend
05-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Does the KAIO remove swirls?

PerroneFord
05-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Does the KAIO remove swirls?

Not in my experience. But much would depend on the depth of the swirls, and the hardness of the clear coat.

GS4_Fiend
05-25-2009, 01:48 PM
I`m sorry, I meant, does it hides the swirls? Is this product a good filler like it claims?

armoredsaint
05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
The Twins is very good and simple to use!

ta240
05-25-2009, 01:57 PM
now what should I do?

go for a drive