PDA

View Full Version : Hologram problems

GoldClass
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey guys, i`m detailing a mates 2004 Peugeot 206 at the moment. I started with Menz. 203s on Orangs LCC pad, then went down to Menz. 106ff on Blue. The problem i`m having is that i`m still noticing some holograms, not as bad as they were, but they are still there. Should I ditch the Blue pad and move up to a Black LCC pad?

Thanks is advance guys.

GoldClass
05-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh, and i`m not sure if this is in the right section, sorry if it isn`t.

If it makes a difference, i`m using a Makita 9227cb.

JohnKleven
05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
I usually finish with a white CCS Lake Contry pad instead of blue, this should get rid of any holograms.

John

SuperBee364
05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I usually finish with a white CCS Lake Contry pad instead of blue, this should get rid of any holograms.

John

Not to be :argue, but I think you might have that backwards... the LC white foam is a light polishing pad (it does have some cut to it), while the Blue pad has no cut to it at all. You`re chances of finishing out hologram-free are better with a zero bite pad. If you are getting holograms with a blue pad and 106ff, I would say that the clear coat is very soft. You`ll need to go to a more gentle polish. Either Ultrafina or Menzerna Final Polish II (also known as Micro Polish) are great choices. You should be able to finish out holo free no problem with a zero bite pad and either of those polishes.