PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Glazes?

Pages : [1] 2 3

dc5itr329
05-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Looking for glazes and right now I have my eye on poorboys black hole and clearkote rmg. Do you guys have any recommendations? I have a black car but I would like something versitile for all colors. Also want a deep and wet look. Thanks in advance.

Derek173
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Danase Wet Glaze is also a favorite here because it can be layered over and under other products.

BigJimZ28
05-03-2009, 04:32 PM
what do you wnt from the glaze?

hide swirls?

darken the paint?

add "pop"?

what will you be using as a LSP?

dc5itr329
05-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I wide to hide some swirls because I don`t want to polish down the clear.

So it would be

final polish

glaze

Optimum Poliseal

Optimum Optiseal

LSP will be a coat of OCW

Basically I`m trying to get a wet look with longevity. I want it to last at least one year. I might do multiple coats of some steps in order to get it to last longer. I have used poliseal and it gives good paint protection and a slick feel but I`m not happy with the look it gives off.

imported_sal329
05-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Danase wet glaze and Prima Amigo

BigJimZ28
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM

So it would be

final polish

glaze

Optimum Poliseal

Optimum Optiseal

Basically I`m trying to get a wet look with longevity. I want it to last at least one year. I might do multiple coats of some steps in order to get it to last longer. I have used poliseal and it gives good paint protection and a slick feel but I`m not happy with the look it gives off.

poliseal is a one-step and will remove the glaze

dc5itr329
05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
poliseal is a one-step and will remove the glaze

I see. then I might skip it and use optiseal. Maybe add 3 coats of optiseal then a coat of ocw?

wascallyrabbit
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
or you could poliseal then glaze

Legacy
05-03-2009, 06:01 PM

So it would be

final polish

glaze

Optimum Poliseal

Optimum Optiseal

Asking for a wax or sealant to last a year is asking too much. Maybe NU Finish, they claim 2 coats will last a year.

corrswitch
05-03-2009, 06:10 PM
or you could poliseal then glaze

hmm, I thought afraid a glaze would not work over poliseal.

My guess would be the ones without cleaner.

Would these work on top of Poli-seal?

Meguiar`s #7

Mother`s sealer and glaze

CG EZ Creme

RMG

PB Blackhole

They`re the ones I plan on trying out.

Thanks for your advice.

BikeFreak
05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I am looking for a glaze also for a black vehicle. I am considering

PB Black Hole too. I would like to hide what is left of the fine scratches and also darken the black paint a little more. I just did Menzerna IP followed by FP and topped with S100. Now that the swirls are gone I would really like the paint to stand out more. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bostonsfavson
05-03-2009, 06:20 PM

PB Black Hole too. I would like to hide what is left of the fine scratches and also darken the black paint a little more. I just did Menzerna IP followed by FP and topped with S100. Now that the swirls are gone I would really like the paint to stand out more. Thanks for any suggestions.

If you`re already using Menz products, FTG is a good glaze. It`s particular about LSPs, though. I use FMJ afterwards and then usually top with PS.

Legacy
05-03-2009, 06:29 PM

PB Black Hole too. I would like to hide what is left of the fine scratches and also darken the black paint a little more. I just did Menzerna IP followed by FP and topped with S100. Now that the swirls are gone I would really like the paint to stand out more. Thanks for any suggestions.Try PPCL and Souveran. The PPCL will hide the fine scratches and the Souveran will give it the wet look.

dc5itr329
05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Asking for a wax or sealant to last a year is asking too much. Maybe NU Finish, they claim 2 coats will last a year.

I like to detail but I don`t have the most time to work on my car. Maybe I just have to wait for optimum coating to be available.

BikeFreak
05-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Any recommendations for a sealant on top of the PPCL before the Souveran??