PDA

View Full Version : kiwi foam polish applicators

BigAl3
05-03-2009, 02:21 AM
while at walmart tonight (was looking for shoelaces for my nephew) i stumpled across these in the shoe section, and thought they would work great for applying dressings to skinny side plastic panels/moldings, plastic vent area at the bottom of the windshield, and so forth (also keeps your hands clean). i bought a pack (contains 2 applicators) and cost $4.25 and the width of the small round foam is 1.75" (a little larger than a half dollar coin)...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411uGJCWf1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Kiwi foam shoe polish applicators make applying paste or cream shoe polish quick and easy. Large built-in handles keep hands clean. The sturdy foam base allows the polish to be applied smoothly and evenly. For a brilliant shine, follow the easy steps.

Bunky
05-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Nice find. I was wondering where to find something like this. I usually find stuff at the art store but everything in those stores is expensive.

imported_wagonproject
05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice find. I have a bunch of these...

https://www.mclendons.com/img/products/23/235320.jpg

They work excellent for applying stuff to exterior trim/wind. cowls/bumpers/etc.

imported_sal329
05-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Nice find. I use the foam brush pictured aboce can get the from Walmart for under $1

armoredsaint
05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
wouldn`t it be better to buy some cheapo sponges from the $ store and cut them up in squares ;)

BigAl3
05-03-2009, 11:53 AM
wouldn`t it be better to buy some cheapo sponges from the $ store and cut them up in squares ;)

i have a bunch of different applicators and i`ve gone the route of cutting up sponges and they really don`t do it for me (didn`t really care for the foam brushes as well as they don`t have even pressure all the way across the tip and get flimsy) and sometimes using the normal yellow foam applicators gets tedious at times. i just used these (just washed the car) and they worked pretty well and i didn`t get dressing all over my hands (i wear latex gloves anyways). just apply one drop of dressing (if using gel) in the center and have at it...