PDA

View Full Version : A simple question regarding paste wax....

Tris1
05-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I bought a tin of NXT 2.0 paste wax and when I opened it, after I got home, there was a slight crack with a little bit of water ( the product was stored on its side due to the packaging). The rest of the product seemed fine (it was smooth and creamy) but I was only concerned with that one section. I put the product flat down and a half hour later, it seems a bit better. Is this normal or do I need to take it back?

wfedwar
05-02-2009, 03:01 PM
It`s fine. Most pastes get some cracking since they are poured hot and shrink as they cool. The liquid you saw is also not abnormal.

BigAl3
05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
totally normal, it`s rare these days to always get a tin of paste wax that doesn`t have a crack or two due to it being handled on it`s side, moved/shook around, etc...

nosbusa1700
05-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I had to open three tins of NXT 2.0 before I found one that was normal. Two tins had either finger marks or deep finger gouges in the wax. :confused:

flash gordon
05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I hate when a can gets dropped(or thrown "U.P.S.") You end up with 3 or 4 clumps of wax,makes it very cumbersome to maliptulate.My supplier tells me you can put the tin can in a pot of water and heat on stove, it will then melt back into its original form.I myself am to lazy to try this....Anything kitchen related is off limits(Except junk food cabinet/ice cream)

BigAl3
05-02-2009, 05:50 PM
if there are fine cracks in it, they will slowly diminish as you start using it...

Tris1
05-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I had to open three tins of NXT 2.0 before I found one that was normal. Two tins had either finger marks or deep finger gouges in the wax. :confused:

:soscared: I guess I need to check the product before I leave the store next time. Luckily, the can was un-molested

Thanks guys. I never bought paste wax before so I didn`t know if that was normal for it to look like that. There`s almost no clear water left, just some liquid from the product itself.....

Is it ok to apply this using a terry cloth applicator or should I get a foam one instead?

BigAl3
05-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Is it ok to apply this using a terry cloth applicator or should I get a foam one instead?

foam pad...