PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit 3.0

dave335
05-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question regarding the effectiveness of the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover Kit 3.0. I purchased some Fuzion but want to get rid of any swirls first before I apply the Fuzion. I have used Zaino extensively in the past but wanted to try something else out. I will be using a Porter Cable 7424. Don`t have a tremendous amount of experience using the polisher but follow these forums extensively. Seems like the pros like to use Menzerna.

The paint is in excellent conditions (silver) but you can see swirls. Will be primarily used for a reflex silver VW.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

David

Bunky
05-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I have used the Wolfgang 3.0 twins and they do a pretty good job the one time I really used it. The finishing glaze does finish well.

I found you need to keep the pad reasonably clean with the TSR otherwise it will dust a little and not break down properly. The Finishing Glaze has a a tad longer work time than other polishes I have used.

For both once the pad is primed (after a couple panels) it does not take much (3 pea size beads) for each section. If you have PC you will likely need a heavy polishing green pad or orange to really get a lot of correction.

bcwang
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I think Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 may be very similar to Menzerna`s SIP if not the same thing. And the Glaze is supposed to be like 1066FA if not exactly the same. These are smaller bottles though so maybe better for the enthusiast than the huge Menzerna bottles.

dave335
05-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys for the input. Really appreciate it!

One question though. There was a reference to TSR? What is this?

David

bcwang
05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
TSR = total swirl remover