PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Situation

super_welder
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
I have recently moved nearly 5000 miles from home and I am in totally new surroundings with out access to the great stores and speciality shops of a big city so I am limited to products I can buy at Canadian Tire and Walmart, which isn`t ideal but not the end of the world but here is the bigger problem. Where I am staying at now is essentially out in the country and not a real great place to wash a vehicle no where I can get it off the dirt and gravel.

So my option for washing the car is one of those do it yourself car wash places but I can`t stay there all day to polish and wax, so I have to drive down the road a few miles after washing to the shop where I work so I can pull in and do all the polishing and waxing in there, but we aren`t able to use water in the shop too much mositure for a welding shop not good for equipment.

Is there anything I will need to do after driving the car from the wash bay to the shop to wax or will the surface likely be clean enough still that I can go straight to claying, polishing and then waxing.