PDA

View Full Version : Should I exchange my ONR for DP?

gofastman
04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I have had very good luck with ONR but I have read allot of good things about DP`s new rinseless wash and gloss. Those of you that have used both, should I send back my unused 32 oz bottle of ONR to try this stuff, or is it not that big of a difference?

nosbusa1700
04-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I wouldn`t send ONR back personally just to use DP. They both work equally well. I have both. The only difference to me is DP smells better. jmo.

harpafou2
04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
I just got DP today and tried it out. I used the same amoun of DP as I do ONR, my opinion is I like the ONR much better. I ended up putting ONR in the DP water to get it to my liking. I got the DP to try, now I know which one I will be using. However, the bubble gum smell of the DP is quite nice.....

craigdt
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Dont send it back. Chances are whatever difference there may be is not worth the trouble.

ONR is still an awesome product even if there arent any posts about it on the first page.

Bunky
05-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I just got DP today and tried it out. I used the same amoun of DP as I do ONR, my opinion is I like the ONR much better. I ended up putting ONR in the DP water to get it to my liking. I got the DP to try, now I know which one I will be using. However, the bubble gum smell of the DP is quite nice.....

Why do you like it better? Slickness, gloss, ease of drying, etc?

Dsoto87
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Don`t send it back. The only difference besides scent was DP felt like it had a little little bit more lubricity. This could have been in my head though.

Its not worth the trouble of sending it back. The DP is not going to give you a slicker or glossier surface than the onr.

02zx9r
05-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I have only used the older DP 4 in 1 but do have a bottle of the new formula rinseless wash and gloss.

Older formula works well for me. Easy to use, slick feeling afterwards. Assume just like optimums no rinse, the dirt just sits on top of the water waiting to be wiped off.

I was going to go with ONR but when i finally decided to make the jump, autogeek had the DP buy one get one free, so I got two of those, plus the gallon jug was on sale for like $25 so i got one of those too. Wouldnt mind trying onr just to do it.

harpafou2
05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Why do you like it better? Slickness, gloss, ease of drying, etc?

This is how I decided:

I washed my truck and I washed my car.

The truck got ONR, it seemed to clean better, dried better, didn`t leave many spots and if it did(it was windy here) they wiped right off. The slickness and shine are tops. My wife even noticed how shiny it was.

The car got the DP wash and it just didn`t seem like it was cleaning as well. I can`t say about the slicknes, shine etc as I washed the roof and hood and then added ONR to the DP wash. So maybe it`s not a fair comparison but I wasn`t likeing how the DP was performing

Now this not to say that it`s not a good product, just my preference. It definitely smells good.

Each bucket got 2 oz. of respective product, ONR, DP Wash. I used the two bucket and grit guard method. I also used a Lambs wool mit, thumbless, from Autogeek.