PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Swirls?

Kool_ZX3
04-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Right now i have one coat of fx synwax on the car with 2 coats of opti seal and was wondering if it`s possible to hide swirls with all this wax still on the car by adding a diff wax on top? i heard TWPUG hide swirls very well but would it do anything for swirls with 3 coats of wax already on the car is what i was wondering

TGates
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
I don`t know if it`s in my head, or if FX Synwax even has fillers, but I`ve had good luck hiding swirls with a couple applications of it.

salpac
05-01-2009, 06:25 AM
i have a bottle of this stuff (link (http://www.detailinggurus.com/guruglaze.html)) i bought about 4 months ago and have been using it under every coat of P21S wax. I get a solid 2 months of "swirl hiding" out of this combo. I guess that means it is protecting at least that long.

tresola
05-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Meguiar`s NXT wax used to do a great job of hiding swirls, although unfortunately the 1.0 version of the wax didn`t last more than a few weeks. I wonder if their 2.0 version is longer wearing. If it is, you could always try some of that. And did you remember to polish before you waxed? Polish helps the swirls.

willtothewong
05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
nxt 2.0 darkens the paint and hides some swirls but i think i remember reading somewhere on the forums that the 3M imperial hand glaze has the most hiding or filling effect of any product out there

but i think since you have a couple layers of wax on your car already, that might effect how the glaze works, again, not entirely sure though

longdx
05-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Depending on the color, PoorBoy`s Black Hole is excellent in hiding minor swirls in darker colored cars. You can apply that and then add another layer of LSP over it to lock it in.

Kool_ZX3
05-01-2009, 04:02 PM
so even with fx and opti seal on the car, i can add a different wax to hide some swirls?

longdx
05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Poorboys BH is a glaze that will work with any wax. Yes you can add another wax on top of a different wax.