PDA

View Full Version : Pad Limit

ScreeminGTP
07-07-2003, 09:20 AM
When I am detailing a car using a foam pad when it gets saturated with product can you just go over a panel without applying any product and just use the pad or do you use a new pad that is dry? Or do you just clean the one with a brush

: I hate to love black

NattyBumppo
07-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ScreeminGTP
When I am detailing a car using a foam pad when it gets saturated with product can you just go over a panel without applying any product and just use the pad or do you use a new pad that is dry? Or do you just clean the one with a brush

: I hate to love black

If the pad becomes saturated with WORKABLE product then you aren`t fully working the product long enough or applying to much product for a given area. If the saturation is spent residue or dust then you should use a brush to clean the pad while on the machine (rotary is easy, DA or orbital works OK but does get messy given the nature of the beast).

I`m guilty of it but have learned to become pretty good at judging when and how far to keep working product. I bet next to using too much product, not working it to its max effectivness is probably the most common mistake with using machines to apply products.

Natty