PDA

View Full Version : Getting shocked from Opti-Bond?!

2StepsAhead
04-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok...so I got my new AG shipment, decided to open everything up and smell the products (please don`t tell me Im the only one who does this) and put my nose close to the bottle and zap, I got a little shock...thought it was really weird. But I opened it again a few minutes later and put my finger on the top of the bottle and got another zap! I heard the results for opti-bond are shocking, but not like this!

AeroCleanse
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Never happened to me

dublifecrisis
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
it`s your shoes.

craigdt
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, I do find Opti-bond to be electrifying.

or

Thats shocking!

or

It really puts a charge into your tires.

etc etc.

RDAutosport
05-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Ok...so I got my new AG shipment, decided to open everything up and smell the products (please don`t tell me Im the only one who does this) and put my nose close to the bottle and zap, I got a little shock...thought it was really weird. But I opened it again a few minutes later and put my finger on the top of the bottle and got another zap! I heard the results for opti-bond are shocking, but not like this!

It is called static electricity. The styrofoam packing probably made it worse.

Regards,

Rich

MasterBlaster
05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Ok...so I got my new AG shipment, decided to open everything up and smell the products (please don`t tell me Im the only one who does this)

You`re not the only one, I do it too. I have no idea why. I know a lot of people that do. So far the only car cleaning related products I`ve used that I think wreak is the P21s wheel gel. That stuff smells like doodoo I think.

Maybe we should start a Detailing Product Huffers Anonymous LOL.

2StepsAhead
05-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I saw the peanuts sticking to it the first time so I knew I was probably charged...

But the second and third time I had to post up about it...I could almost do it on command now lol, my friends didn`t believe me.

MasterBlaster, so far a lot of my products have a "blah" smell but Ive been finding more and more 1Z products and Poorboys products that smell like they should be eaten and not applied to my car lol.

BTW OBP = Awesome, had it on my 05 FXT and my 03 WRX was MBP which is pretty close, my ex-gf had OBP as well...just seems to follow me wherever I go.