PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Deadliest Warrior on Spike

Pages : [1] 2

salty
04-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Really cool and high tech how they match up these famous warriors.

But I still think they miss some of the nuances of the men involved and the demos could be sometimes more accurate, ie Samurai guy would have been almost 100 pounds lighter then the demo guy. But still cool.

pb_foots
04-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I agree. I`ve been watching it but some of the things just don`t make sense. I was glad the Spartan won, but Spartan`s didn`t fight alone and a Ninja wouldn`t have gotten into a stand up fight with a Spartan anyway.

It`s cool though, if only for the weapon tech stuff. What`s next, the IRS vs. my Mother in law?

salty
04-30-2009, 09:20 AM
It`s cool though, if only for the weapon tech stuff. What`s next, the IRS vs. my Mother in law?

How heavy is her purse?

Pats300zx
04-30-2009, 09:23 AM
It`s not bad. I just watched the first episode the other night.

JohnZ3MC
04-30-2009, 09:27 AM
PB_foots, my money is on your wife`s momma.

pb_foots
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh yeah brother, she`s got that Sicilian `eyebrow of doom` thing going. 5`1" of terror!

Just watched the Viking vs. Samurai one today. Much better match than Spartan and Ninja. Samurai wins, no great shock there, but a much better match.

orangedude103
04-30-2009, 04:13 PM
I have only watched parts of 2 episodes, but it seems really cool. Next weeks episode is going to be kind of weird, mafia vs yakuza. The preview made it seem like they are just testing a bunch of different guns.

GeorgesBlazah
04-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I watched it and they played like 3 episodes in a row. Pretty cool I thought.

HappyWax
05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
The Green Berets Vs The Russian Spetsnaz was pretty interesting - Those Russians have some pretty nasty weapons -The Ballistic knife is officially on my must have illegal weapons wish list.

wytstang
05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
That makes 2 of us, that and the gun holster & gun that load the gun chamber and slides through the bottom whilst taking the safety off. That thing is amazing.

Accumulator
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I find it entertaining but IMO taking the given warrior out of the entire *context* makes it pretty much just a lot of BS. Still fun to watch though.

- Those Russians have some pretty nasty weapons -The Ballistic knife is officially on my must have illegal weapons wish list.

The Ballistic Knife used to be fairly available, dunno how hard it`d be to find one these days though. It doesn`t always work as well in real life as you might expect. Kinda fun to play around with, but not something I`d stake my life on.

Apollo_Auto
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
... a Ninja wouldn`t have gotten into a stand up fight with a Spartan anyway.

That`s right... foolish pride and "fighting honor" is a game we don`t play; kill or be killed... we`re sneaky bas*ards.

TortoiseAWD
05-13-2009, 06:04 PM
That`s right... foolish pride and "fighting honor" is a game we don`t play; kill or be killed... we`re sneaky bas*ards.

Yeah, Ninja/Spartan wasn`t one of their better matchups. In the last couple of episodes, they`ve done "squad vs. squad" sims. Spartans would have been a much better subject for that type of simulation rather than one-on-one. IMO, Samurai vs. Ninja in a one-on-one sim, and Vikings vs. Spartans in a squad-on-squad sim would have made for more interesting matches.

Tort

(+10 shell of protection) :D

TortoiseAWD
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Also, when will they get around to Tortoise vs. Hare? I think we all know how that one turns out . . .

http://www.nonstick.com/characters/pics/cecil.jpg

BigJimZ28
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Also, when will they get around to Tortoise vs. Hare? I think we all know how that one turns out . . .

http://www.nonstick.com/characters/pics/cecil.jpg

I think TortoiseAWD vs Spamers would be a better match up:chuckle: