PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare 303 foam pad poly-glaze questions

bcwang
04-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I`ve got a bottle of FK303 in my sampler kit. But I`m not so clear on what this product is exactly. If someone here is experienced with it could they please tell me more about it?

-Can this be used by hand? There website shows that it can be used by hand, but the instructions don`t mention it, and they have another product that is "hand poly-glaze" so I`m not sure if that was a mistake

-Is it a glaze or a polish? It talks about abrasives like a polish, yet it`s called a glaze. So does it polish away swirls or does it fill it?

-What situations would you use this product? FK215 seems to have better cleaning abilities and also polishes and adds protection. So unless this is a pure glaze, I`m not sure what it`s for. And if it`s a pure glaze, what could you put on top of it without it being removed?

Thanks!

steelwind101
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi!

Bence educated me to this product a few years ago. Foam pad means a pad like you put on your polisher.

I applied with the Meguiars Polishing Pad, it cuts a little, removes wash marring and restores gloss and fills swirls a bit.

Geoff

bcwang
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I`m hoping to use this by hand since I have no polisher yet. Is that an ok method?

So you`re saying it does polish to make the finish smoother, while leaving behind fillers for the swirls?

I`m wondering if maybe I can apply it lightly and wipe off to use as a pure filling glaze.

imported_Bence
04-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Functionally abrasive glazes are not new, but rather quite familiar, just think on VM - but FK also has another similar product, in its range, the 185/217.

The 303 is better suited for machine application, because it needs to be worked in properly to break down the microabrasives. When you just wipe it on lightly, it may leave slight marring (depending on paint hardness). For example I wouldn`t use it on a black Honda by hand, but on a Corvette it`s perfect.

bcwang
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Bence,

Is it a mistake then that the website does mention usage "by hand"?

Why is it called a glaze then when it really sounds like a polish?

imported_Bence
04-30-2009, 02:07 PM
It can be used by hand but the emphasis on "how".

Therefore work it right in, using a little pressure. Yes, it`s a glaze, because it conceals.

David Fermani
04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Bence - Is there any products you haven`t tried yet? :woot:

imported_Bence
04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Ooooooh Yessss!

bcwang
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Polishes and conceals, interesting. My friend has a black car with very minor swirls so I wonder if this would be good to try. Doing only by hand, I don`t want it to mar an otherwise good finish, but hope it can completely hide the swirls. Also does it do a good job in adding depth, or gloss, or darken the paint?

Do you know what LSP can top this without removing the fillers? Mostly hoping UPGP will work on top, and also any FK LSP- 2180,1000p, pink wax.

imported_Bence
05-02-2009, 02:58 AM
For the car you mentioned, I`d use Bilt Hamber Auto Balm. I`ve never seen anything filling like that. The 303`s filling ability is nowhere near to it.

d3th
03-23-2013, 04:04 AM
This is a long forgotten thread, so maybe I`ll dust it a little bit :)

Is FK 303 simillar to Poorboy`s Black Hole Glaze? If yes, than which one is better? Perhaps it`s a rysky question :)

I need to do a total paint restoration in my car and need your help about the stages:

washing -> clay -> restore (I`ve got Menzerna 2500 for polishing and 4000 for finishing) -> cleaner -> FinishKare 303 / PB Black Hole -> Wax

So is this the correct way of doing it? Should I use both Menzerna`s products since I`ve read somewhere that FK 303 is for finishing?