PDA

View Full Version : Can we remove the click and brag posts from the front page/

Pages : [1] 2

-Longhorn-
04-28-2009, 09:41 AM
I like to come to learn and converse here and looking at the front page when its loaded with click and brags which are VERY subjective as it is is really annoying. Anyone elses thoughts?

gmblack3
04-28-2009, 08:07 PM
So you have never read a C&B and learned something?

Dukedude0017
04-28-2009, 08:11 PM
I actually like the c&b`s..

Slik560
04-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Detailing cars is subjective. Put four detailers in a room and you will get eight opinions. :) But if you want to ban all the DIY folks, I don`t know. I`d probably have to find a different forum.

Dsoto87
04-29-2009, 08:46 AM
You know you don`t HAVE to click the links......

If you were here really looking to learn than you would know that the C&Bs can teach you a lot. I`ve learned new techniques, what product combinations work on which paint, which look certain products give, etc.

Thats Fresh
04-29-2009, 10:36 AM
just click on the forums link at the top. better yet relink your Autopia.org bookmark to make it go straight to the forum section. easy as cake.

Click and Brag sections, Pro before/after are the favorite sections and alot that make Autopia #1 in detailing forums

RTexasF
04-29-2009, 05:23 PM
You are the only one that has ever grumped about it so I think not.

termigator
04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
I like to come to learn and converse here and looking at the front page when its loaded with click and brags which are VERY subjective as it is is really annoying. Anyone elses thoughts?

I understand where you`re coming from and I sometimes find it annoying too, especially since most of them seem to be pics of every other corvette or European make, but like some of the other folks said: you don`t have to look at them. Just bookmark the Forums page instead of the Home page. And yes, sometimes I do look at some C & B`s, but only if they have before pics.:D

Scottwax
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I learn a lot from the click and brags. Nice to see what others are using.

imported_smprince1
04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I like to come to learn and converse here

I personally find the C&B`s to be very educational, as in they typically demonstrate what level of improvement (paint correction, stain removal, etc.) can be achieved with what products and processes.

How often do the C&B`s include such comments as "that`s exactly the type of finish I`m looking for on my tires....what product did you use?". Or "I`ve gotten this defect better, but any ideas on how to bring it to the next level?" etc, etc. If that`s not learning and conversing, what is?

The C&Bs are a great way to share and learn in my opinion. To each his own I suppose.

wfedwar
04-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Can we remove the whining posts?

craigdt
04-30-2009, 09:01 PM
That would take away about half of our traffic! we cant do that... :lol

But I agree. I have learned a lot from the C&B`s.

And Autopia has a home page? Ive found that going to autopia`s home page just adds one more

click to get to the forums

Bullitt
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Until I came across this thread I had forgot there was a front page. From the moment I joined this forum I book marked(not on purpose) the forums page. I get most of my good info and tips and methods from the C&B`s. For instance, I was reading one about Scottwax and how he was using a Meg`s ROB. I`ve always used a cyclo or a rotary, and always thought I could achieve more correction with a PC type machine, but never pulled the trigger. The next day I ordered one with all the LC pads I needed and I`ve never been happier. The machine`s amazing with the 105/205 combo. I love watching the process of major correction and what guys are using. I sometimes get stuck and will remember how someone else did it, and it helps tremendously with my business. If the C&B`s weren`t on here, I would probably spend alot less time on this site. That`s just my opinion though.

Bullitt
04-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Until I came across this thread I had forgot there was a front page. From the moment I joined this forum I book marked(not on purpose) the forums page. I get most of my good info and tips and methods from the C&B`s. For instance, I was reading one about Scottwax and how he was using a Meg`s ROB. I`ve always used a cyclo or a rotary, and always thought I could achieve more correction with a PC type machine, but never pulled the trigger. The next day I ordered one with all the LC pads I needed and I`ve never been happier. The machine`s amazing with the 105/205 combo. I love watching the process of major correction and what guys are using. I sometimes get stuck and will remember how someone else did it, and it helps tremendously with my business. If the C&B`s weren`t on here, I would probably spend alot less time on this site. That`s just my opinion though.

salty
05-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Same, I just have it bookmarked at forums.

While I don`t check out the C&B section very often, I also find the 100+ picture posts a bit excessive, it is one of Autopia`s main features.