PDA

View Full Version : trade secret

frankie
07-06-2003, 08:34 PM
anyone out here try this wax if so how does it stack up to pinnacle souveran ir paste glaze, i was reading that it is the same thing as pinnacle just packaged and made cheaper, anyone got the real scoop?

TheCompleteLook
07-06-2003, 11:47 PM
I know Anthony Orosco was using it on high-end sports cars and was happy with it. I would definitely go from his recommendation.
Besides that, I use P21S - it works great and is about $5 cheaper if I remember correctly.

frankie
07-07-2003, 12:41 PM
yeah i got the p21s i like that product alot, it alsmot like smearing oil on your paint it has that consistency

does anyone let it haze/dry or do they just apply and wipe right off like in 15 seconds or so?

CharlesW
07-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by frankie
does anyone let it haze/dry or do they just apply and wipe right off like in 15 seconds or so? Supposedly S100 and P21S are the same thing. S100, I apply to a section, 1/2 hood for instance, and wipe off immediately. Just like the instructions say to do. Easy on, easy off.

NattyBumppo
07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW
Supposedly S100 and P21S are the same thing. S100, I apply to a section, 1/2 hood for instance, and wipe off immediately. Just like the instructions say to do. Easy on, easy off.

Same here.

Boss_429
07-07-2003, 06:31 PM
frankie,

I believe the Trade Secret is very similar to the Pinnacle Paste Glaze. As a matter of a fact, they may be identical products! I haven`t tried either, so I can`t speak personally about their performance. However, as stated, Anthony has great luck with the TS, and that`s a very high recommendation. I have used the Souveran which is a pure carnauba, and has it`s own look somewhat different than P21S. It`s a bit "richer" and "deeper" than the P21S, but not as wet and reflective.

The Fuzz
07-07-2003, 11:15 PM
You can`t tell the difference between Paste Glaze and Trade Secret just by your nose. I tested them tonight and they smell the same. The secret of Trade Secret is that they make it out of squashed Smurfs. Shhhhhh....!

frankie
07-08-2003, 03:01 PM
yeah i like the wet look much better with that nice reflective shine of p21s

i was hoping trade secret was that magic wax ur always looking for to top your other wax you use now lol