PDA

View Full Version : What to use KSG or Meg #26 hi tech yellow wax ? (Silver paint)

duffman
04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Just did a wash , clay , wash , dry ... on my silver dodge dakota... and i have both KSG and megs #26 sitting in the garage ... what would you use????? thanks

Less
04-24-2009, 12:53 PM
KSG

some people would say that a yellow carnauba like #26 will not look very good on a silver car or may produce a yellowish tint to your paint.

I don`t think it`s enough that anyone besides the most intensely scrutinizing observer would notice though

Both together might look pretty good too.

wannafbody
04-24-2009, 02:12 PM
26 darkens paint-not sure that`s what you want on silver.

Accumulator
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah, generally speaking I`d go with the KSG on silver.

BikeFreak
04-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Another vote for KSG. My previous vehicle, a Silver Tacoma I used KAIO 2x KSG 3x topped with S100. Literally looked like it was dipped in oil. You won`t be disappointed.

duffman
04-25-2009, 02:38 PM
So i ended up going with the KSG.. 1 coat so far... and it looks great.. thanks guys

Accumulator
04-25-2009, 03:22 PM
duffman- Glad you like how it`s turning out. I`d shoot for four layers or so...

duffman
04-26-2009, 08:10 AM
ok , 4 sounds good... just wish it was i bit more easy to wipe off.. i use a microfiber cloth and some quick det mist and wipe to help me out..

Heres the best part, when i woke up the next day a had bird poop on my hood , and some mud splattered on the right side of the truck.. all that i needed to take care of it was a quick hit with the hose.. all that stuff came right off... i will assume its because of the KSG.....

Accumulator
04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
duffman- Yeah, and the additional layers help with the resistance to stuff like bird-bombs.

Fallz
04-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Wise choice for silver.

Although I primarily use all sealant products so I`m biased

Accumulator
04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Wise choice for silver...

I go different ways depending on the silver in question, and for that matter I use completely different stuff on our identical-paint silver Audis :D

KSG sometimes gives a look I simply *DO NOT* like on silver...it`s one of the few products I`ve actually stripped off because I didn`t like it (on Audi silver) but OTOH I *really* like how it looks on my silver Mazda. Ya just don`t know until you see it on *your* paint for yourself...which is why I said I "generally" would prefer it over the #26 for this one.

willtothewong
04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
ksg does rock

but an interesting thing is that you went right for ksg without doing the `normal` kaio

i thought ksg works better if kaio is applied before it, but i guess the difference is too small to notice

=D

duffman
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
i used the KAIO last year and i didnt think it needed it... all i did was wash clay KSG.. today was the first wash i did after the KSG APP... what a pleasure