1. ONR

2. Clay

3. Swirlx by hand

4. DG521 wipe down

5. DG501

6. DG521 wipedown

7. DG111

waited 1 hour and applied Opti-seal.

Today I did an ONR wash and whet to drip the roof and the towel snagged and popped as I drug it across the finish. At first I thought maybe I didn`t use enough pressure with the GS so I swiped it again but with no luck. It looked like tree sap but it was bonded hard to the finish. It took clay and some elbow grease to get it off, it wasnt easily removed with the clay. I applied DG AW in hops of better luck from this not happening again. What would cause this on freshly sealed paint that kind of stuff should wipe right off. The finish was super slick monday night. Could the optiseal have bonded wierd over the DG11 and had some weird reaction? I used this same combo on my other vehicle but I didn`t apply the OS till about a week later and that was also with a coat of AW inbetween the DG and OS also a few days earlier. This finish is still like glass and the paint looks super wet like its melting off the truck. I don`t get it.

ezemsm444
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Did a wash polish wax on monday

1. ONR

2. Clay

3. Swirlx by hand

4. DG521 wipe down

5. DG501

6. DG521 wipedown

7. DG111

waited 1 hour and applied Opti-seal.

Today I did an ONR wash and whet to drip the roof and the towel snagged and popped as I drug it across the finish. At first I thought maybe I didn`t use enough pressure with the GS so I swiped it again but with no luck. It looked like tree sap but it was bonded hard to the finish. It took clay and some elbow grease to get it off, it wasnt easily removed with the clay. I applied DG AW in hops of better luck from this not happening again. What would cause this on freshly sealed paint that kind of stuff should wipe right off. The finish was super slick monday night. Could the optiseal have bonded wierd over the DG11 and had some weird reaction? I used this same combo on my other vehicle but I didn`t apply the OS till about a week later and that was also with a coat of AW inbetween the DG and OS also a few days earlier. This finish is still like glass and the paint looks super wet like its melting off the truck. I don`t get it.

I highly doubt it was any of the products you used.