PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun Full Flow Quick Connectors

musicdjs
04-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I just bought a new product made by "Gilmour". It`s a shut-off valve with quick connect. I wanted something that would allow me to utilize the water rinse sheathing method after I`m finished washing the car with the foam gun. Instead of screwing off the foam gun attachment handle and adding/switching to the Fireman`s nozzle or just the regular hose nozzle for sheathing water, I needed something FAST.

I found most of the quality brass quick connects all had water diameter restrictions. The brass shut off valve full flow connectors were too heavy and clunky. The Gilmour are half the price, so I figure although they may not last as long, they are a fraction of the price and alot cooler looking.

here`s a link image

gilmour full flow shut off valves - Google Image Search (http://images.google.ca/images?q=gilmour%20full%20flow%20shut%20off%20valv es&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi)

Accumulator
04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, most people will probably be happier with those than with the more restrictive ones :xyxthumbs

I`m using (restrictive :o ) squeeze-lever ones from Griot`s on my foamgun hoses both because I simply *LOVE* the ergonomics of them and because of the way I`m sorta, uhm...heavy handed with my foamguns. The plastic Gilmour connectors can break if you`re not gentle enough with `em (I use them on my rinse hoses). But fragile or not, I did use `em and yeah, they`re nice. If I couldn`t get my current faves I`d still be using them.

(note: If not for my boosted water pressure, and yeah, I know pressure and flow volume are different ;) I doubt that I could use the Griot`s ones satisfactorily.)

Once the Gilmours start leaking, I`d replace them immediately. I`ve kept `em in service after they started leaking and had them bust apart, launching the nozzle/etc. that was attached to them in a not-good way.

I like those things so well that I`ve actually retired my regular/fire-hose-style nozzles in favor of the combo shutoff/female quick-disconnects. I have *two* shutoffs on my rinse hoses: one at the end of the hose controls the actual water on/off; a second right after it functions as the "nozzle" and I adjust the water pattern with *its* shutoff valve. It works especially well in wheelwells and seems to be at least as good as a regular nozzle for most everything else. I hardly ever bother using a regular nozzle any more.

757motoring
04-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I want to purchase a foam gun but don`t know which one to buy for my pressure washer and is there a quick connect that I can go from the wand to the foam gun.

musicdjs
04-25-2009, 06:08 AM
The foam gun is for a regular hose attachment. I think you want a foam lance attachment. They are 2 different attachments.