PDA

View Full Version : UPGP Cure Time?

WillF
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey guys I have a question. I know the cure time for UPGP is 12 - 24 hours. What does this mean though?

I know I`m not supposed to layer anything over it. Does this also mean I should garage the vehicle? or is it OK to drive it around ?

Thanks

BTW, I documented my recent attempt at detailing.. on my blog. check it out:

Dubbspot (http://www.dubbspot.com)

wannafbody
04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Curing is the amount of time that is needed for the chemical reactions to be completed.

Legacy
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey guys I have a question. I know the cure time for UPGP is 12 - 24 hours. What does this mean though?

I know I`m not supposed to layer anything over it. Does this also mean I should garage the vehicle? or is it OK to drive it around ?

Thanks

BTW, I documented my recent attempt at detailing.. on my blog. check it out:

Dubbspot (http://www.dubbspot.com)Yes, garage it. Keep it from getting wet, however you can drive it as it will speed up the curing process if the weather is nice.

bcwang
04-23-2009, 11:37 PM
You might also want to watch for night time dew forming on it within that time period. I`ve got good upgp results on my car which has a carport. But my other two cars sit out in the open and I haven`t got good durability from upgp on those cars. My speculation is upgp doesn`t have a full 24 hours in the dry to completely cure before dew knocks it out and then the durability suffers. Well, it`s either that or paint incompatibility with these two other cars. I`ll probably have to do a controlled test to make sure that`s the case, but it`s something to be aware of.

Alphy
04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Hmmm....the users guide I got today with UPGP states "full cure time is 6 to 12 hours".

Bigpikle
04-24-2009, 12:23 AM
I`ve had it rain on my car pretty soon after applying UPGP with no issues. I drive mine after applying if needed but avoid layering for the time given.

dervdave
04-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I`ve had it rain on my car pretty soon after applying UPGP with no issues.

Me too, without any problems, it does dry very quickly although the actual full cure will take longer.

wannafbody
04-24-2009, 02:10 PM
I`ve had it rain on my car pretty soon after applying UPGP with no issues. I drive mine after applying if needed but avoid layering for the time given.

How fast did the sheeting action go away?

Bigpikle
04-25-2009, 01:50 AM
How fast did the sheeting action go away?

I couldnt honestly tell you, as my cars are never left long without attention. With UPGP and OOS I always use their QD between washes (which must add some additional product) and layer fairly regularly.

On the occasion it rained a few hours after I wondered if there might be issues with clouding/smearing the look etc but I remember ZERO ill effects at all, with beading, sheeting, smears or anything else.

Sorry, but except for winter, I dont durability test anything really...