PDA

View Full Version : Comments requested on my "Winter Letter" to my clients

G35stilez
10-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Many of my clients and I communicate via email. Regardless, I will send this letter to them (email/snail mail) with a picture of their vehicle post detailed attached to it. Let me know if you`d change anything. Thanks in advance...

"

Good Day,

I would like to start by wishing you and your family the very best throughout the holiday season. Thank you for your business in the past, as it has allowed Detailing By Executive to continually innovate in finding the absolute best products, equipment, and techniques to leave your vehicle looking better than showroom new.

As we have been rather lucky with the absence of snowfall this late in the season, I wanted to make you aware of the importance of a detailed car before the winter season hits. As you may have heard in the past, the salt/sand/chemical solution they use on the roads during the winter is very harsh to your vehicle in all aspects, mainly the paint. This mixture tends to adhere much more when the paint is not protected by a wax or paint sealant. Over time, you begin to put off washing your car until a nice day where you get to enjoy it. I don`t blame you, why spend time and money on a vehicle that will get dirty the second you leave the driveway or car wash?

However, as the mixture adheres to your finish, it also begins to etch in. When it etches in, even after washing, the paint seems to lack that gloss you desire. The paint begins to dull, feels rougher, washing begins to become more difficult, and so on. There is a fix though!

We, at Detailing By Executive, recommend an interior/exterior detail 3 times a year for vehicles kept exposed to the elements and 2 times a year for vehicles seeing overnight garage time. With each detail, your entire vehicle is given the treatment it deserves. From cleaning the interior and dressing it, to shampooing the carpets, mats, and upholstery; then on the exterior with the thorough cleaning of all surfaces, polishing the paint to remove swirls, scuffs, oxidation, and overall dullness; dressing all trim, tires, and wheel wells; your car will maintain that showroom appeal. The very vital final step of the exterior detail is to apply a paint sealant. Paint sealants are far better than waxes for durability, without the sacrifice of that deep, wet shine and here’s why:

"Think of car wax as candle wax. Put some hot candle wax on your finger and allow it to dry. This is how car wax adheres to the surface. Now, move your finger around. You will notice how the wax crumbles off resembling how after only a short time, your car wax will diminish.

Now, paint sealants chemically bond to the paint`s surface. Think of putting super glue on your finger and allowing it to dry. Try to move your finger around and you will notice how it stays adhered for a long time. These revolutionary paint sealants also protect against UV rays (which can discolor the pant), salt/sand/chemical mixtures in the winter, and many other contaminants"

Detailing By Executive exclusively uses paint sealants on all customers’ vehicles (unless requested not to). We strive to have the customer`s vehicle looking its absolute best for the longest amount of time. With this extended protection, notice much easier washing sessions, continued high levels of shine, and an all-around slicker feeling surface.

Thank you for reading and I hope you took something from this brief tutorial. If you would like to schedule a detail or have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.

Happy Holidays,

Sean Busch
President – Detailing By Executive
(516) xxx-xxxx
www.DetailingByExecutive.com

"

e-klasse
10-27-2005, 03:18 PM
The concept is great Sean. Just the thought and planning behind it will catch peoples attention... they will see your "attention to detail".

This is not a critique of your letter. Taking the initiative to plan ahead for prospective business deserves recognition, not critique. If anything I would shorten the letter if possible. I write and receive business proposals all the time, and the general rule of thumb is to get your point accross in the least amount of space possible. Most of my 6 and 7 page (or longer) proposals of years past now fit on one page, even though I`m asking for 40-60% more money. Best part of "downsizing" is that my proposals get more attention now then they did in years past... because they are easy to understand without much effort.

You might even want to consider a second page for your product or package recommendations, and information about your process and products. Maybe format the second sheet more like a one-sheet flyer, and use the cover letter to direct attention to items detailed on the second sheet. You could even build a coupon into the second sheet, if that fits into your marketing plans.

Again, this is not a critique. Your initiative with this idea deserves respect, and I hope it works for you.

G35stilez
10-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks e-klasse. That makes a lot of sense to me.

I reworked it from last year, but last year wasn`t too different and didn`t get a good return.

I will post back my revisions.

mperozzo
10-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I agree with e-klasse... it`s a bit lengthy. I`d shorten it as much as possible.

Also, an idea for you: Many newspapers are happy to publish an article like this. I submit an auto-care article to my newspaper once per month. Just about every other one gets published. Find out who accepts press releases and go for it!

GearHead_1
10-29-2005, 02:39 PM
I agree with what has been previously said and would add that I believe taking a little extra time to personalize the greeting makes a huge difference in communications. We all know that it`s a good day or that we`re a valued customer you have pictures of my car but do you know my name?

Hawaiianelement
10-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Thank you for your business in the past, as it has allowed Detailing By Executive to continually innovate in finding the absolute best products, equipment, and techniques to leave your vehicle looking better than showroom new.

This sentence doesn`t really flow right. How about DbE to continue innovating the absolute best products etc.

Aloha Sean , I love the concept. Very professional. Like the others have said, a bit long. I do like the wax vs. sealant analogy with the wax and super glue.

ShineProDetails
10-29-2005, 04:28 PM
I love it Sean.

jaybs02
10-29-2005, 04:33 PM
I have to agree with the others, make it a bit shorter and you have a winner.

Hope it yields good returns

"J"