PDA

View Full Version : Tire browning - again

easyrider7467
04-23-2009, 03:07 AM
Hello,

I have done a search and read the posts regarding the tire browning issue. I still have to try the recommended cleaners. But I need to know if your "brown" is the same as my "brown" experience.

First, no matter what I recently used it still doesnt come off at least not 100%.

Yet this is the crazy thing; Once the tire dries and reveals this "brown" --again, I can rub my finger on it and it will come off.... Crazy??? or what?

Is this the characteristic of tire "brown" ? That all the elbow grease and cleaners dont work but rub a dry finger on it and it rubs off?

Please help. Thanks very much.

stiffdogg06
04-23-2009, 04:33 AM
Are you even cleaning your tires before applying your dressing?

What tire cleaner are you using?

What tire dressing are you using?

lasthope05
04-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Westleys bleach white will totally remove the browning in the tires. Not sure if thats on one the cleaners recommended to you but I think everyone should have it in their arsenal.

Also some tire dressings can turn your tires brown also.

musicdjs
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Try using a degreaser cleaner like "SPRAY NINE" on your tires, this will remove the old tire dressing film ect...then try applying a new dressing of your choice. Now, keep in mind if your tires are 4-5 years old the browning may be permanent. It`s a natural aging formation for most tires. Tires release a chemical compound after awhile and the reaction is BROWNING! I had the same problem.

JohnZ3MC
04-23-2009, 06:40 PM
The Hi-Temp tire cleaner available at Top of the Line is the best cleaner I`ve found so far and I used it often on some old Michelins I had. The brown is carbon leeching out of the rubber. Carbon is used as a rubber fixative in the tire process.

How old are your tires? I ask because carbon leeching happens more with age.

-John C.

jshillin
04-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I clean my tires with an APC and use Optimum Tire shine and get no browning on any of my vehicles...

Thats Fresh
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
OTC Eagle One tire cleaner does great. I also use p21 wheel gel for more stubborn stains

easyrider7467
04-23-2009, 10:56 PM
My tires are 3 years old on a car with limited use.

Yes, I used to use Westley back in the day. Great product. Gonna get some tomorrow and let it loose.

No I have never dressed the tires b/c I couldnt get em clean.

I`ll let you know how it goes with the Westley.

Poordude
04-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I used to get ridiculous browning on my tires using aerospace 303 protectant. I switched to a gel product & browning went away.

easyrider7467
04-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Well Tires look great after using Westley`s tire stuff.

I never experienced brown so difficult to get off. I always atrributed it to just a dirty tire.

Again, I learned something new on here despite my years doing this.

THank you ALL Very much for your input, patience and experience.

Sincerely, John.

wannafbody
04-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Make sure you are using a water based tire dressing and not a clear oily silicone based tire dressing.