PDA

View Full Version : Newb Starting Biz

dickie
04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Well I`m new to having and running a business, what I`m wanting to know is what all do I have to do to have it up and running. Today applied at court house my assumed business name. Then I will run an legal ad for 30 days.

What Else Do I Need To Get Done

Help please

imported_Jakerooni
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
legal ad for 30 days??? God that has to be expensive as all get out.

You need a DBA

You need Insurence

You need Business Cards

You need a Phone Number

You need Products and supplies

Get all that and you`re a legit business ready to set up shop and get some customers. It dosen`t take much at all to start a legit business. However having the skills to back it will take years. Hopefully you come with those. But no where have I ever heard you have to run an ad for 30 days to be considered a legit business.

oN3fastSS
04-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah im in Cali and you have to place and AD four consecutive weeks in a row sucks cause that could cost a grip!

Bostonsfavson
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I could be wrong (happens frequently), but I think he`s talking about a legal ad, which is a notification of his intent to do business, as opposed to a "regular" ad.

dickie
04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
legal ad for 30 days??? God that has to be expensive as all get out.

You need a DBA

You need Insurence

You need Business Cards

You need a Phone Number

You need Products and supplies

Get all that and you`re a legit business ready to set up shop and get some customers. It dosen`t take much at all to start a legit business. However having the skills to back it will take years. Hopefully you come with those. But no where have I ever heard you have to run an ad for 30 days to be considered a legit business.

What is dba detailers business assocation? biz cards I can make myself , phone- have biz cell, products & supplies I buy here and there for now, WHat about tax issues?????

and yes i meant notifaction of intent to do business. Obviously a newb lol Thanks for info

Dsoto87
04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Dba=doing business as

LQ9SS
04-21-2009, 05:34 PM
That`s great that you are starting your own business. But you should have done a little more research before the actual start-up of your business.

Whatever you do, do not jump in head first. Do you have a business plan? Also, do you have the proper funding for not only the start up, but for the year ahead?

dickie
04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
ALSO What type of insurance do I NEED to get ????

How Much is it usually??

imported_Jakerooni
04-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Talk to your local insurence agent and ask him. It all varies pending on your location what type of biz (set location or mobile etc etc)

dickie
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I planned on doing mobile. I have came up with a business plan, now with funding ummm I have been saving, and have an family member help with that. Now for the year ahead I dont really have that..