PDA

View Full Version : Black & Decker rotary sander/polisher @ PepBoys

termigator
04-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I was checking out the paint/bondo section at the local PepBoys and found a Black & Decker rotary polisher/sander for $69. Does anyone know anything about that? It looked decent and the box says it has an 11-amp motor. I tried searching for it on Google but didn`t find any info on it. The casing was still in the old Black & Decker colors (black and pewter, not the newer orange and black colors.

Slik560
04-22-2009, 08:49 AM
I`d pass on that one, just because it sounds like an older model that may not be in production any more. Replacement parts / service might not be available. I think that since they tout it as a sander and polisher it might be something to avoid. Each of those functions requires specific equipment. A sander can`t make a good buffer and vice versa.

termigator
04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I`d pass on that one, just because it sounds like an older model that may not be in production any more. Replacement parts / service might not be available. I think that since they tout it as a sander and polisher it might be something to avoid. Each of those functions requires specific equipment. A sander can`t make a good buffer and vice versa.

True, but IIRC, the original PC was marketed as a sander/polisher. I don`t know about now, but when I bought mine (PC 7336) a few years back, it came with a polishing pad, a sanding pad and a sandpaper with adhesive backing for the pad.

In any case, thanks for the input. I was just looking for more info on it. I just got the Flex, so I won`t be thinking rotary for a good long time.:buffing: