PDA

View Full Version : Dodo juice? Sour power shampoo?

imported_RedlineIRL
04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I haven`t really been keeping up with new detailing products for a while since everything I have been using has been working good. Now I am getting around to needing a few things so I want to try something else. I was browsing around and noticed a bunch of new stuff made by a company called Dodo Juice. How is this stuff? Is this more of a boutique brand of stuff but sucks when it comes to durability? How is their Sour Power shampoo? I have tried many different washes but haven`t found any that I truly like.

armoredsaint
04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
in before the search ;)

craigdt
04-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Well if you read on the UK forums, people are pretty impressed with them as a whole. Im sure the soap is good, but the question is, how much better than the stuff that more common.

What soaps have you used?

steelwind101
04-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Hi!

DoDo offer two shampoos, the Sour Power has gloss enhancers and IMO is the pick of the bunch. Good cleaning nice looks, think of Chemical Guys Wash and Gloss, some clean and some shine.

Born to Be Mild is the other shampoo, its ok nothing great. Its just a shampoo with no gloss enhancers.

DoDo do not seem to offer much in the way of help "few blobs in a bucket" rather then a real ratio as a guide like most other detailing companys. It isnt going to pursuade you to drop of Duragloss 90X or Z7 or Optimum.

The waxes are ok, the ones below Supernatural are probably too expensive for what they offer in terms of looks and durability. It isnt a unique look and it isnt any better then products costing less.

Light Fantastic is probably the pick of the bunch as its the only one that seems to be different enough to warrent a mention. Light silvers (the whitie types) look good with this.

The prewax cleaner is a good product, well worth buying.

Geoff

imported_RedlineIRL
04-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi!

DoDo offer two shampoos, the Sour Power has gloss enhancers and IMO is the pick of the bunch. Good cleaning nice looks, think of Chemical Guys Wash and Gloss, some clean and some shine.

Born to Be Mild is the other shampoo, its ok nothing great. Its just a shampoo with no gloss enhancers.

DoDo do not seem to offer much in the way of help "few blobs in a bucket" rather then a real ratio as a guide like most other detailing companys. It isnt going to pursuade you to drop of Duragloss 90X or Z7 or Optimum.

The waxes are ok, the ones below Supernatural are probably too expensive for what they offer in terms of looks and durability. It isnt a unique look and it isnt any better then products costing less.

Light Fantastic is probably the pick of the bunch as its the only one that seems to be different enough to warrent a mention. Light silvers (the whitie types) look good with this.

The prewax cleaner is a good product, well worth buying.

Geoff

Thanks. This is the kind of info I was looking for those that have used it. I won`t bother with it them if it is not better than Z7 or Optimum, even thoguh I think both of them are not all that great either. Sounds like another boutique brand that does nothing better than the others