PDA

View Full Version : 1st time using PC7424 (one test panel with 50/50shots)

resek
04-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I`m here since almost 2 years but i`ve been reading very seriously maybe since last september 2008.

Honestly, i can`t really tell you why/how i`ve been re-directed to this site. I do remember that it`s a member from srtforums.com that referred me this site.

At the beginning, i wasn`t very "learning", searching for the best tricks, best products, best tools, etc.

But, like i said, since september, i`ve became very addicted to autopia (1-2 hours reading every day).

I`ve put some serious time in reading, learning, understanding, etc.

I started to talk with TSC17, Todd. I was amazed by his work! But specialy by all the time/detail/heart he put into his detail description here in Click n Brag section or Pro detail Before n After section.

All his detail descriptions helped me so much to understand a lot of step, product, why he uses this instead of this, etc . . .

Honestly, i haven`t worked with Todd, but i could describe every step he`ll be using in his detail, cause i`ve read every detail he has done. :laugh:

Todd suggested me a lot of product. Since the great season is almost here in Canada,Quebec, we`ve talked few hours last couple weeks about pads, polishes, interior product, brushes, etc. I ordered Brushes from Detailer`s Domain. I just ordered 5.5" pads for PC from autogeek as long as UQW, souveran.

I`m about to put an order at Eshine for 4" pads hehe

In july 08, i purchased a PC7424. It came with yellow, white and red pad.

Last christmas, santa claus brought me 2x SIP 1xM105 1xM95.

So, yesterday afternoon, i couldn`t wait anymore to my autogeek order arrived, i decided to play with M105/SIP and yellow/white pad.

Car : My winter beater Dodge Neon 1999

Process:

ONR @ Quick detailer Dilution to remove dust/dirty from surface

Sonus green clay bar with ONR at QD dilution as Clay Lube.

2x passes of M105(old) / Sonus 6.5" yellow pad on PC. (No KBM here, cause i forgot if it works with old M105 formula.) :doh

2x passes of SIP / Sonus 6.5" white pad on PC.

Here`s the results :

In this one, you can see 2 big scratches on left, they were also on the right almost as long as the left side.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots01.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots02.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots03.jpg

You can see here on left side, it`s kinda ... "foggy", i don`t know how to say that in english, sorry. Otherwise, right side is kinda clear.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots04.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots05.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots06.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/jfcampeau/Car%20detailing/Dodge%20neon%201999/50-50shots07.jpg

I know it`s maybe not 90-100%, but o well, i`m honestly happy with those little results considering it was my 1st time using PC. 1st time also trying to capture paint swirls with camera. Batteries on D40 were dead so i took those pictures with my little Point`n`Shoot Canon A590is.

At the first pass, i made a mistake lol. I spreaded the polish at speed 3, i removed the pad from the fender while it was working and i put it to speed 6 lol :buffing:

I had polishes (little white dot) every where on my pant, shirt, hood, window, mirrors, bumper hahaha

My first pass with both product was "kinda" useless. I think i put too much product for both first passes. Cause after, i wasn`t seeing very great improvement. So, for my second pass, i applied 5 little pea dot. I think it was a lot better! I didn`t had a lot of problem removing M105 after polish had broken down. Keep in mind that these results were achieved with only 1 step (kinda heavy polish step). My M205 from amazon won`t arrived here before june :nervous: So, until i receive M205, i`ll be using PO85RD for my finishing polish.

Feel free to comment and critique.

Tell me honestly how you guys think it looks considering the process. Do you guys see marring ? or any other imperfection a heavy polish can make ?

Thanks for reading!

JF

:ca

P.S. Sorry for my spelling. It might and won`t be perfect, i`m french. (problem with verbs) lol

backwoods_lex
04-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Looks good there, especially for a first go with the PC. One tip would be to use a finishing polish after the SIP for greater gloss.

BTW, your spelling is actually better than mine :goodjob.

resek
04-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Looks good there, especially for a first go with the PC. One tip would be to use a finishing polish after the SIP for greater gloss.

BTW, your spelling is actually better than mine :goodjob.

Thanks a lot !!

I`ll make sure to follow SIP with a finishing polish as soon as i received it from my Eshine Order!

I`m so excited to try and use the right "step" product so i can acheive a nice gloss and LSP ready!

I`ll make sure to keep you guys updated.

Kinda funny, cause while i was working on the car, we had family visiters, and i ended up with 2 details lol

Hyundaï Santa fe

Honda Civic 2000

I told them i will be working and perfecting my technique with my cars (black neon 1999 and red srt4 2004), i`ll be practicing on my girlfriend car, and as soon as i`m 100% happy with my results/technique, i`ll be doing their cars as long as my friend`s srt4, his brother`s car, my grand-mother toyota, uncle mazda truck, my friend sx2.0, his mother`s car, my neighborhood`s car, 2 guys working with my dad, 2 guys working with my uncle lol

I gotta hurry so i can detail all those cars! héhé

Looking forward a lot of Click N brag!

:ca :xyxthumbs

Anzafin
04-20-2009, 02:42 AM
Great results!

I bet you`re satisified!

steelwind101
04-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Great correction work! :up

TSC17
04-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I`d say very good results for your first time with a PC...especially since you`re jumping right in with the finicky M105 (brave man indeed!). When you receive your 5.5" pads, you`ll find that you get much better results in heavy correction.

Your intensity to soak up information (especially this past year) is going to pay off well for you.

I`m glad to hear that you have a lot of work lined up for you once you become more confident in your abilities. I won`t be surprised to see you posting amazing results in a very short period of time.

As always...get in touch any time!

snowskate
04-20-2009, 06:34 AM
nice 50/50s. Glad you`re enjoying your great work! I find your write up, enthusiasm, and results inspiring for us new guys.

Post some final shots. Oh, and what are you considering for AIO, or glaze, or wax/sealant?

dublifecrisis
04-20-2009, 06:36 AM
dang man! You`re first attempt produced a darn good 50/50 picture. I think you`re well on your way. good job!

resek
04-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Great results!

I bet you`re satisified!

Thanks a lot!

Yes, i`m very happy with those results. I was kinda ... scared about ending with almost no correction :soscared:

I`m very happy with M105 also, considering it`s the old formula an it`s not suppose to be DA friendly. The polish break down very fast wow comparing to SIP.

On a 1feet by 1feet area, i had time to do one pass left to right, one pass up and down, one last pass left to right. (with M105)

With SIP, polish took longer to break down. I had time to make 3 passes left to right and 3 passes up and down easily.

thanks again! :up

Great correction work! :up

Thank you my friend! :up

I`d say very good results for your first time with a PC...especially since you`re jumping right in with the finicky M105 (brave man indeed!). When you receive your 5.5" pads, you`ll find that you get much better results in heavy correction.

Your intensity to soak up information (especially this past year) is going to pay off well for you.

I`m glad to hear that you have a lot of work lined up for you once you become more confident in your abilities. I won`t be surprised to see you posting amazing results in a very short period of time.

As always...get in touch any time!

Thanks a lot Todd. Your comments are very important to me, but also very important for my "learning".

I`m very happy with those results. I realised quick that i was using too much product. One pass with M105, and i couldn`t saw a lot of improvement, I was like : damn ... what the **** ??? :help:

I`m very excited to receive both 5.5"pads(6xorange, 6xwhite, 3xblack), 6.5"pads (3xPFW) and 4"pads (6xPFW, 2xorange, 2xwhite).

I do took a lot of information in "favorites", in my spiral book (almost 20-30 pages of information), lots of reading.

Don`t worry, i won`t be doing any work for customer(that will actually pay me for correcting), if i`m not 100% happy with my results.

I`ll have 4 cars to practice on it, i`m sure it will be enough to reach the correction level i want = Best correction i can with my product, after that, to reach 100% ---> wetsanding.(i won`t do that)

Thanks a lot Todd for all your help. I couldn`t achieved those results without your help! I appreciate every word/tips you can tell me!

:up

nice 50/50s. Glad you`re enjoying your great work! I find your write up, enthusiasm, and results inspiring for us new guys.

Post some final shots. Oh, and what are you considering for AIO, or glaze, or wax/sealant?

Thanks a lot for your good word!

I won`t do the whole car this week, cause i haven`t received all my product (specially pads), i only own 1x yellow and 1x white for now. But, i`ll post a COMPLETE write-up as soon as i`ll finish, don`t worry. =)

Well, i planned to do a 3step on this one. Considering this is my winter car and i won`t be using it until november, i`ll probably use a wax : Collinite 476. This wax is known to be very long lasting and a perfect choice for winterizing. But, i`ll wax it again before winter, in november.

In my arsenal, i won`t have "glaze" product, cause if my mind is right, it fills, and i don`t want to hide but correct the imperfection.

I`ll have for wax : Colline 476, souveran (had a very great deal on it, couldn`t pass), Optimum car wax, Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

For sealant : Optimum Poli-Seal (i don`t know if you can really consider this as a sealant) but according to Eshine = It provides swirl mark removal, the final polish and a durable wax/sealant…all in one step!

:up

dang man! You`re first attempt produced a darn good 50/50 picture. I think you`re well on your way. good job!

Thank you Dublicrisis! I was also surprised for my first 50/50. I`m very excited to get out and do the whole car. It`s a 1999, and i`m sure it hasn`t seen a wax since couple of years.

I`ll also have SPECTACULAR before and after of the interior, believe me ! It`s very DIRTY/DUSTY/namie`it`ty :D

jucaraman
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Great job

For wax you might look into FK 1000 sealant, it should be alot easier to apply and remove than the collinite and still provide great winter/summer protection

MBurnickas
04-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Nice, now full car shot.