PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish II & Flex = ?

HappyWax
04-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Ok so my 105 & 205 order from amazon is taking WAY TO LONG to get here - so I found a deal on Optimum Polish II

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I can`t find a single write up or some recommendation pads etc etc. I swear I looked!

I will Be using a flex and doing a 2001 Red Mazda (ford) pick up. -over all, a well taken care of truck, some minor scratches but nothing seriously bad. -Like most older reds, it`s a bit dull.

I have lake country 6.5 pads : White Orange and a gold (finishing) and I have enough time to order any other if you have a recommendation.

D Tailor
04-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I just did a 2000 Acura TL (silver/green) with OPT P2 and a White LC 6,5 pad. Ran the flex at 6 after spreading it out at 1. As I started to correct I applied medium pressure and slowly eased up until I turned it off. Worked well and I achieved very nice results. I`d say it removed 90% of the marring (fairly light) and reduced deeper scratches. To boot, it finished with no trails (light color helped here). I think with the green coarse LC pads I might have gotten all of it out (except the deeper scratches) but perfection was not being sought after. With a red paint, I might finish with the gold pad to ensure no trails and enhance gloss.

HappyWax
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Are you referring to the Green "german" LC pads? - I am thinking of picking some up anyway...

What kind or results would I get with an orange pad -too much cut?

wannafbody
04-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Use a polishing pad. I think the Megs yellow would be a good choice. The LC white would probably work as well.

D Tailor
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Are you referring to the Green "german" LC pads? - I am thinking of picking some up anyway...

What kind or results would I get with an orange pad -too much cut?

you might end up with some light trails or hgramswith orange. The green coarse (german) LC pad is between white and orange in the LC family. Pick up the green (available now from Wolfgang`s store, but B/O`d on Autogeek and Superior Auto Care) and start with white. If that doesn`t work go to green. If it does work...you`ll have the green for when you need something a bit more aggressive. :bigups

Bunky
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
The one sold by Autogeek is *not* the Euro foam heavy polishing pad. It is a softer standard foam between LC White and LC Black.

D Tailor
04-19-2009, 06:36 PM
The one sold by Autogeek is *not* the Euro foam heavy polishing pad. It is a softer standard foam between LC White and LC Black.

They have both. I have both and I purchased them from Autogeek.

Bunky
04-19-2009, 07:08 PM
They have both. I have both and I purchased them from Autogeek.

I had been looking at the 5.5-in size and still did not have it in that size a monthor so ago. They do have it in larger sizes now.