PDA

View Full Version : purple wool foam or microsruface black wool

Barry Theal
04-19-2009, 09:27 AM
im looking and debating on some wool pads was wondering what you guys think? im looking into the purple foamed wool pads or the microsurface black wool pads. can anyone who has used these give me the run down on them!

Thomas Dekany
04-19-2009, 02:07 PM
im looking and debating on some wool pads was wondering what you guys think? im looking into the purple foamed wool pads or the microsurface black wool pads. can anyone who has used these give me the run down on them!

if you are a pro, you should have both. The black wool is very aggressive.

Street5927
04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
I have recently tried the PFW pad with Menzerna SIP. It works awesome (even on black). It has no problem removing RIDS, swirls and imperfections and leaves only light marring, which is easily cleared up very easily with an LC White Pad and 85rd. This combo, I have found finishes down to an LSP ready finish.

imported_Jakerooni
04-19-2009, 02:36 PM
ehh I still haven`t caught on to the whole PFW fad just yet. Thought about trying it out but I`m not having any issues yet that i have a need these are supposed to solve.

David Fermani
04-19-2009, 02:38 PM

You must be referring to these EDGE black Heavy Cut black wool pads:

The Edge? Buffing Pads US 3M Automotive buff buffs pad buffer buffers paint paints clear clearcoat clearcoats coat coats the edge edges dedication to detail details wool pad foam pad product products professional professionals (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Solutions/Paint_Dept/Buffing_Pads/The_Edge/)

Barry is referring to these:

Micro-Surface - Item Detail (http://www.micro-surface.com/default.cfm?page_id=90&ID=6MLB35L3&storeid=1)

To me, there is NO comparison between them. The Micro Surface TufBuf Black Lambswool pad cuts better, doess`t shed, leaves the finish with less marring(less cleanup), is less expensive and lasts ALOT longer. Nuf said. It`s like a wool polishing pad on steroids. Every Pro should have them. :xyxthumbs

Barry Theal
04-19-2009, 03:54 PM

i guess im no pro i have only been using scheigl and meguires pads. lmao i didn`t realize poducts make you a pro!

Barry Theal
04-19-2009, 03:56 PM
You must be referring to these EDGE black Heavy Cut black wool pads:

The Edge? Buffing Pads US 3M Automotive buff buffs pad buffer buffers paint paints clear clearcoat clearcoats coat coats the edge edges dedication to detail details wool pad foam pad product products professional professionals (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Solutions/Paint_Dept/Buffing_Pads/The_Edge/)

Barry is referring to these:

Micro-Surface - Item Detail (http://www.micro-surface.com/default.cfm?page_id=90&ID=6MLB35L3&storeid=1)

To me, there is NO comparison between them. The Micro Surface TufBuf Black Lambswool pad cuts better, doess`t shed, leaves the finish with less marring(less cleanup), is less expensive and lasts ALOT longer. Nuf said. It`s like a wool polishing pad on steroids. Every Pro should have them. :xyxthumbs

david thank you very much that was the info i was looking for. i had seen those purple wool pads for a while and had been also told by rydawg about those micro surface ones i was a little hesitant. i been using the same pads for a while but im wanted to try something new! thanks for the link also david. im gonna use your advice this time!!!!

Thomas Dekany
04-19-2009, 06:19 PM
i guess im no pro i have only been using scheigl and meguires pads. lmao i didn`t realize poducts make you a pro!

Dude - what I meant is that if you only detail your own car, you can get by with the PFW. If you do this for a living (PRO) the PFW may not cut it. Some rids need pure wool.

Am i clearer?:bigups:bigups:bigups

Thomas Dekany
04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
1 - You must be referring to these EDGE black Heavy Cut black wool pads:

2 - The Micro Surface TufBuf Black Lambswool pad cuts better. Every Pro should have them

1 - Wrong. Neven used Edge wool pads. I was referring to the Micro Surface pads. There is a huge difference between the PFW and these Micro Black wool pads.

2 - Agree, but does it mean that if someone doesn`t have them they are not pro?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

David Fermani
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
1 - Wrong. Neven used Edge wool pads. I was referring to the Micro Surface pads. There is a huge difference between the PFW and these Micro Black wool pads.

I agree, they`re quite a bit different, but somehow you`re the only one I`ve ever known that thinks they`re "very agressive". I`d say a twisted wool or even a 50/50 wool falls into the "very agressive" category, but because you`re a Pro, you already know that right? :think2

Thomas Dekany
04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree, they`re quite a bit different, but somehow you`re the only one I`ve ever known that thinks they`re "very agressive". I`d say a twisted wool or even a 50/50 wool falls into the "very agressive" category, but because you`re a Pro, you already know that right? :think2

I guess I should have used the words "way more". I have only tried twisted wool once for 1 pass and that was it. I immedietly trashed it. I believe howareb was working with me that day.

What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can`t understand why anyone would ever use it. :nixweiss:nixweiss:nixweiss :wall :wall :wall

Those black wool pads are the most agressive pads in my arsenal, because I`d never consider twisted wool as an option. Nor do I ever think or speak of it when it comes to correcting any type of paint.

I hope this clears things up for you.

PS: Wether you like it or not, (I see your sarcasms in your replies to me) I am a pro, but I am an AUTOPIAN type of professional. Definately not old school.

When I perform full paint correction - you get your money`s worth with me. Just ask the others on this board who actually see me work and also work with me.:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: