PDA

View Full Version : Use a spray detailer or what?

b34tBoX
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Ok, does anyone use a spray detailer after their LSP?

To me, I get streaks (leaves a haze of some sort which I find is difficult to remove and has the result of a visually unclear surface) when I use the spray, must be some of the mild cleaners in it or something. I tried PB SwG and PB QD+ after #845. Wanted to try out some different products, and mixtures.

However, I didn`t get this effect as much with Z6 or Z8 after Z2 or Z5 last year.

So typically I skip it, and use it only after my next wash.

Say I am going to do dawn wash, clay, wash, swirl remover (2.5), AIO(poli-seal) then LSP (#845).

Is it necessary to use a spray detailer between any of those step?

Or just save it for next time I wash?

JSFM35X
04-19-2009, 05:28 AM
I have never used that QD but it may have to do with humidity, using too much product or the fact that you LSP (if its a sealant) had not cured. I use the Ultima QD and have not streaking issues. I have also used the Mothers QD without streaking.

Try using a very small mist and working it in very well.

b34tBoX
04-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I pretty much used the QD immediately after the LSP. Also, I could have been using too much product. I will try again later.

Usually, after my LSP I will mist a very plush microfiber cloth and use that instead of spraying directly to clean up any remaining dust, or left over wax.

Alfisti
04-19-2009, 08:37 AM
You shouldn`t wet a LSP until it`s cured. QD`s are 95% water. Best to leave a LSP to cure properly (6+ hrs) before applying a QD. This will avoid compromising durability and unintended results (haze etc). :)

b34tBoX
04-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Sweet thanks.

It rained last night, so I used the Spray and Gloss to clean up the waterspots. Used a minimal amount of product and it worked out excellent.