PDA

View Full Version : Shamwow! - Don`t post unless you`ve used.

cobrar97
04-18-2009, 06:15 AM
I`ve been trying to find out if anyone has actually used the Shamwow. I see a few posts on here, but it`s just everyone talking about how they wouldn`t use them and how bad the commercial is (which I agree).

I just want to know if anyone has actually used them on a car and liked them...and proven they don`t scratch.

What`s the real deal on them? And please don`t post if you haven`t used them to dry the car`s paint. I hate looking through threads for an answer that`s never there. Thanks, and this should end the Shamwow question forever!

imported_Jakerooni
04-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I have one.. They are not very good for using as a chamoise. The commercials are extreamly decieving on it. They just don`t absorb water off paint like it does a counter top. My actual chamoise is a 1000 times better. and only half the cost :D

Rak
04-18-2009, 07:01 AM
I find it useful for wiping general surfaces around the house but would not advise using it on your car.

When I tried it on my car it would only absorb water if i used it as a "blotter." It doesn`t work well if you drag it across your paint like you would a chamoise. Afterwards I noticed a lot more scratches so I stopped using it.

cobrar97
04-18-2009, 07:19 AM
So there we have it. The Shamwow is a blotter type towel and not a dragging/wiping towel. Thanks!

elk42
04-18-2009, 07:25 AM
how about to blot out your carpets when you clean/apc them?

cobrar97
04-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Other people that do carpets will probably post, but when I was searching through other threads, I saw quite a few people that said the Shamwow worked great for pulling water out of carpets. I might get one just to try that.

Bostonsfavson
04-18-2009, 08:56 AM
I find it useful for wiping general surfaces around the house but would not advise using it on your car.

When I tried it on my car it would only absorb water if i used it as a "blotter." It doesn`t work well if you drag it across your paint like you would a chamoise.

I don`t even think they work that well around the house. IMO, they`re overpriced garbage.

mini1
04-18-2009, 09:32 AM
You know the Germans always make good stuff!

armoredsaint
04-18-2009, 09:41 AM
here`s the shamwow dude getting busted for beating a hooker last month - what a tool

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

Mr. Clean
04-18-2009, 11:22 AM
So there we have it. The Shamwow is a blotter type towel and not a dragging/wiping towel. Thanks!

Note: My products are not the ShamWow labeled products. I don`t own any of those specific towels. Mine are, what I believe to be the same type of product (ie. made in Germany, viscose construction, etc.).

The product will work as a blotting towel and as a wiping towel. The key to using it as a wiper is moving s-l-o-w-l-y and allowing the wicking to take place. And as was mentioned in another thread, these towels` absorbtion performance improves greatly after they are already wet, contrary to other towels. You obviously don`t want to use much pressure at all. I don`t use these as my go to drying towel, but was curious as to their capabilities. I never saw any evidence of marring, micro or other.

Garry Dean
04-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I bought it when they first came out. They are not as absorbant as my Absorber is and they seem to be a little on the abrasive side. Shamwow = POOP!!

David Fermani
04-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I love the 3 Shamwows I have and use around the house. Great for mopping up spills on my tile floors and for bathroom duty.