PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here detail or own a Montero?

iDetail
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Thinking about possible SUV`s I could use for my mobile detailing company. I would be towing a trailer so I do not need something with tons of interior room. What I like about the Montero is that the engine is on the small side, so the gas mileage and emissions are somewhat lower. I have never actually owned one, so i don`t really know about the paint, but i have had TONS of experience driving it and I really enjoy it. I also have a buddy who exports Montero`s overseas so he can get me one at a killer price from a repossession auction.

My question is this. Does anyone here know how the paint is. Hard or soft? How thick is the clear? How does the leather hold up over time?

I would be looking at an 05-06 with roughly 40-50k miles...and of course black.

zaxjax
04-17-2009, 08:02 PM
I had on and hated it, not enough room.

Banacheq
04-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a `97, but that`s really too old to draw any comparisons on paint systems with what you`re looking at. The leather on the front seats may have fared better had it always been well maintained (we bought it used), but the constant in and out from a high-clearance vehicle really breaks down the outside edges of the seat.

I don`t know if they changed the layout of the interior, but I curse those 3rd row seats every time I have to try to pack something in there. My friend can pack more into the trunk on his S4. You can fit a bit more in if you fold up the 2nd row too, but even then it doesn`t get you much more room due to the way they fold up. I would only consider it for a detailing vehicle if you had a trailer like you`re planning.

iDetail
04-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I have a `97, but that`s really too old to draw any comparisons on paint systems with what you`re looking at. The leather on the front seats may have fared better had it always been well maintained (we bought it used), but the constant in and out from a high-clearance vehicle really breaks down the outside edges of the seat.

I don`t know if they changed the layout of the interior, but I curse those 3rd row seats every time I have to try to pack something in there. My friend can pack more into the trunk on his S4. You can fit a bit more in if you fold up the 2nd row too, but even then it doesn`t get you much more room due to the way they fold up. I would only consider it for a detailing vehicle if you had a trailer like you`re planning.

Well I am also looking at FX35/45`s