PDA

View Full Version : Glaze and Sealant?

FordFan2009
04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I am waxing the wifes car tomorrow and want to try out some new products I found from this site. I don`t have a PC yet so no correction. It`s dark metallic blue and has some mild swirling. I want to use DG 101 and then 105. However I know this won`t hide the swirls verywell So I want to use a glaze. I have some #7. My question is, Can I apply the glaze over the 105 and seal it in with AW? or will the 105 bond to the #7 If I layed that down first? I do have some M105 but don`t really wanna rub that out by hand so I want to experment with some glaze till I can buy a PC.

imported_GregCavi
04-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Skip the glaze. Sealants and glazes don`t work well together. If you want to use a glaze, you`ll need to do it before any protective coating and then finish with a wax, but even then, durability lessens greatly, because of the glaze.

imported_sal329
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Get some Prima Amigo, it will clean the paint well, hide some of the swirls and is a great glaze then can be topped with a sealant or wax.

Lowprofile
04-18-2009, 02:18 PM
DWG is one of the few that can be applied under a sealant. No oils in it. It is acrylic based and has no cleaning abilities. It can go under a good sealant like DG 105 or even on top of.