PDA

View Full Version : Found this by accident...the CarCapsule!

Randyvous
10-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Interesting concept in car covers...

From their webpage:
Do you have a special car or bike that you want to be able to see, but have it in a place that has dust, insect, humidity or similar problems?

Want your buddies, mom, and kids to see it, but not touch it?

Need to keep those rakes, bikes, broom handles, vermin off your car or bike!

:)

http://garage-toys.com/carcapulcarc.html

Bill D
10-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah, it`s a crazed enthusiast`s delight. I even saw it featured on Ripley`s and indeed, it was fine after being hit by a sledge hammer. It`s something I`d like to aspire to own. For several years now, I keep the show car Sunday driver covered and zipped up closed inside a Car Jacket (http://www.carbag.com)

SilverLexus
10-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Both of those items are cool. Definitely would consider the Car Jacket for a garage queen. :)

Bill D
10-25-2005, 06:42 PM
The Car Capsule requires a battery or home power source to circulate its fan, keeping it inflated and creating a controlled climate inside.

The Car Bag utilizes several desiccant bags ( the kind one may find for a sporting goods or gun locker) to absorb all of the moisture in the air inside. The manufacturer says the desiccant can be re used by opening up the bag and baking the desiccant in the oven and putting it in a new bag. That`s too risky,let alone a hassle for me to do, so I would either re order more desiccant or simply use the bag without it. This summer I had decent results from a small liquid based desiccant-in-a-tub product I got from a dollar store.

My only complaint about the Car Bag is the zipper. It`s good that it has two pullers but when zipping or unzipping the bag, one can easily get one caught on the bag`s tarp material. It`s more of an annoyance than anything else, but I would just advise zipping slowly and watching the puller closely. You don`t want to get it all bunched up or worse, rip the puller right off the track . :eek:

Still, a good product, one of those, "I can`t live without" garage items for the just slightly obsessed ;)

maximv1
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
harley davidson makes the same thing for bikes. i actually thought about getting it for COLD winters here, until i realized that it will be using hydro 24/7.i am not paying that bill.

cwcad
10-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Interesting concept in car covers...

From their webpage:
Do you have a special car or bike that you want to be able to see, but have it in a place that has dust, insect, humidity or similar problems?

Want your buddies, mom, and kids to see it, but not touch it?

Need to keep those rakes, bikes, broom handles, vermin off your car or bike!

:)

http://garage-toys.com/carcapulcarc.html

I know that I am behind the times but I got introduced to Ebay today for the very first time. Spent most of the day going over all the cars that were listed. In one of the adds I saw a 57 chevy in one of the bags that you put a link up for. In fact he had several in his garage. Thought at the time that it would be out of my economical reach. Having checked the link out the only thing that is out of my reach now is the garage needed to store it. :down:

maximv1
10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I know that I am behind the times but I got introduced to Ebay today for the very first time. :down:

welcome to the world of buying lots of stuff and hiding the bills from your wife.

Randyvous
10-25-2005, 08:42 PM
welcome to the world of buying lots of stuff and hiding the bills from your wife.

Whew, glad I`m not the only one who dies that! :innocent:

maximv1
10-26-2005, 05:48 AM
she hardly knows what i buy until it comes in the mail, then it is too late. :lol:

cwcad
10-26-2005, 06:05 AM

Do not have to hide anything from her now. Not after a mouse was seen lurking in the vacinity of her car in the garage. All I have to do is put it on the shelf on the far side of her car and she will never notice it. She is moving way to fast to get to her car to notice anything as of late :wink:

maximv1
10-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Do not have to hide anything from her now. Not after a mouse was seen lurking in the vacinity of her car in the garage. All I have to do is put it on the shelf on the far side of her car and she will never notice it. She is moving way to fast to get to her car to notice anything as of late :wink:

i might have to try something like that. my wife noticed in about two hours i had bought a new trim ring for my bike headlight. her attention to little things like that is amazing. :confused: she is an accountant and can almost smell me spending money :lol: thankfully i never get in trouble. i am very lucky