PDA

View Full Version : shop vac attachment

I Shine
04-14-2009, 06:37 PM
I have 6.5 hp shop vac. I would like to use it as a water extractor. The attachments that came with mine aren`t very well suited for extracting water from carpet or upholstery.

The only thing that I have seen locally is the attachment that looks like a claw. The same kind the coin operated vacs use a my local car wash. What would be great is a clear attachment, so you could see how dirty the water is when being extracted. Also a thin opening an the attachment to concentrate the area being extracted.

Could someone post a link or picture of an attachment that would be best suited for extracting water from carpet and upholstery?

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joseph

I Shine
04-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Bump

Anybody ???

salty
04-18-2009, 05:38 AM
A clear tool is nice but not necessary, with some experience you will know when the carpet is clean. You could wipe with a towel to dry and remove more dirt.

If you have the 1 and 1/4 " inch hose, i think that`s the size of the small hose, you could buy the chrome extractor crevice tool. It fits on the end and the suction generally keeps it in place when using it.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/images/accessories_vacuumonlycrevicetool_large.jpg

Years ago i used such a system, with an old Bissle water hook-up for the solution/water. You could also use a 1 or 2 gallon garden sprayer.

The beauty of the system besides being cheap is that the Shop Vac will suck up dirt and gravel as you extract without damage.

Pre-treat, spray water and scrub, then vacuum.

The crevice tool also lets you get into areas that a normal extractor end doesn`t, like between seats.

And BTW you can hear the vac working with the small opening of the tool, much more than a regular tool.

MrCLRider
04-18-2009, 05:53 AM
along the lines of what he said a little, with needing a smaller hose. Purchase a

2.5" to 1.5" reducer for your vaccum hose. Then go and find yourself a Bissell product, either LGCM or PRO HEAT carpet shampooer with the little tool to do your couch or spot cleaning, the little tool will fit on the end of the reducer for your shop vac. You will not have the ability to spray water down, but the suction from your shop vac will work great in that little tool from Bissell that is relitively cheap. Hope that helps if not I will try and explain in a little more detail...

Wknd Dtlr
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
along the lines of what he said a little, with needing a smaller hose. Purchase a

2.5" to 1.5" reducer for your vaccum hose. Then go and find yourself a Bissell product, either LGCM or PRO HEAT carpet shampooer with the little tool to do your couch or spot cleaning, the little tool will fit on the end of the reducer for your shop vac. You will not have the ability to spray water down, but the suction from your shop vac will work great in that little tool from Bissell that is relitively cheap. Hope that helps if not I will try and explain in a little more detail...

I saw a pic of this on the thread you started with the Benz detail. I would like to try this as I just did some extraction this weekend but the attachment was a little wide. Can I buy this Bissell attachment separately and where do they sell them? Thanks.

MrCLRider
04-20-2009, 06:07 AM
you should be able to get the tool on Ebay for like 7.95 + shipping!

Wknd Dtlr
04-20-2009, 07:25 AM
you should be able to get the tool on Ebay for like 7.95 + shipping!

Matt - thanks for the info, I`ll check it out!