PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Detail Training in/near Toledo, OH

longms
04-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I am new to the mobile detailing scene and would like to start doing some peoples cars. I did mine and my families cars for the past year or so just trying to learn and try processes. I am not trying to find some full-time work but more just work for the weekends and try to learn and more and build up some client numbers. I don`t plan on doing this until sometime in September.

Does anyone know of any training classes near the Toledo, OH area?

Thanks in advance

longms
04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
bump to the top

Setec Astronomy
04-15-2009, 11:08 AM
These guys have a class: Automotive International > About Us (http://www.valugard.net/cms/AboutUs/tabid/68/Default.aspx)

You can also call Meguiar`s and see if they are doing any detail days at distributors in your area. The regional reps sometimes hold classes, about half classroom, half hands-on, if you get lucky they have someone from the factory (like Mike Phillips) there.

Finish Line
04-15-2009, 11:43 AM
I think if you are interested in being a great detailer, I have SuperDooperPrestoWash franchses available for $1 million dollars. Chrome shopping cart complete with three count `em THREE spray bottles with fancy stickers, on gallon windshield washer fluid cleaner bottle (I`m recycling), three 24" X 48" like new beach towels, and a hat.

Call today, and start your future charging $29.00 per detail.

Franchise opportunities are limited.

Coming to a mall near you!!!!:beware

Bostonsfavson
04-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I think if you are interested in being a great detailer, I have SuperDooperPrestoWash franchses available for $1 million dollars. Chrome shopping cart complete with three count `em THREE spray bottles with fancy stickers, on gallon windshield washer fluid cleaner bottle (I`m recycling), three 24" X 48" like new beach towels, and a hat.

Call today, and start your future charging $29.00 per detail.

Franchise opportunities are limited.

Coming to a mall near you!!!!:beware

Tell me more about this hat.

Setec Astronomy
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Tell me more about this hat.

Forget the hat, I`m concerned about the apparent bait-and-switch going on, the "advertising" says it`s a chrome shopping cart, but the avatar pic clearly shows a cut-rate plastic cart. We all know metal is easier to recycle than plastic, so I call BS on the "eco-friendly" aspect.

imported_Jakerooni
04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
LOL you guys...

I`m about 1-1/2 to 2 hours north of you. I have no issues at all walking you through a few details to get some skills down. Make it worth my time and I could even come down there. Hands on is the only way to learn.

longms
04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the input and I will surely follow up on them eventually. I am currently playing baseball and wont be back into town until early September. I am just trying to line everything so when I get back I can hit the ground running with some sort of training.

Jake- I will PM you later this summer and see whats up. Thanks a lot by the way.

RustyBumper
04-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Did Finshline get banned? I see that under his user name.

longms
04-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Looks to be so

Ron Harris
04-26-2009, 11:40 AM
This company is in NJ. This link (http://www.kleencarauto.com/) will take you to their site.