PDA

View Full Version : In-between details

AcuraYYZ
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
How do you suggest I keep the car(s) clean between details? I am going to be going to school out of the city again this summer and don`t plan to wash the car by hand while away. When I come home every few weekends I may be able to. The car gets dusty from regular driving and want to know how to clean it. I thought of using the QD with a MF but I am nervous it might swirl the surface (not that my car is swirl free but its not too bad). After all, the motto of QD is that it enhances gloss between waxing. My other idea is to take it to the coin-op and spray it off there, dry it and QD it (maybe).

What do you suggest?

imported_wagonproject
04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
ONR wash...

Accumulator
04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
..What do you suggest?

How about...concentrating on your studies and not worrying about the car?

OK, guess that`s not gonna go over too well :o

Maybe you could find a touchless that`s not too bad (not overly harsh or otherwise crappy). You could run it through there nw and then, or just leave it alone, and do any touching-type washes during those weekends at home.

I`d be afraid that any other approach would mar up the paint and make things worse overall/in the long-run.

This reminds me of another recent thread about leave it dirty?/run through regular wash?/use touchless wash? as three options for somebody in this kind of situation.

corrswitch
04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
While I was in school, some jealous students were envious of the BMW`s, benz`s, porches and etc that were in great condition. They would then scratch, key, damage or whatever you can think to these cars to stroke their ego.

So maybe keep a low profile to avoid these people.

Bostonsfavson
04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
While I was in school, some jealous students were envious of the BMW`s, benz`s, porches and etc that were in great condition. They would then scratch, key, damage or whatever you can think to these cars to stroke their ego.

So maybe keep a low profile to avoid these people.

Where the hell did you go to school...?

corrswitch
04-13-2009, 05:52 PM
During university in Toronto.

The location was in the downtown core. A mixture of rich kids, poor kids, and middle class. Lots of bars, clubbing and pubs.

For those in Canada, called Ryerson.

Bringing back memories... I recall once some drunk student heading back to residence throwing their soft drink (fast food cup) at a car and splashing liquid all over the car. I`m not sure what car it wash.

Hope that`s an interesting story :)

AcuraYYZ
04-13-2009, 07:58 PM
I go to going to school in a "blue collar" type of town but I`m not too worried. I`m planning to use touch-less washes if I want to wash the car but I`m not worried about having it perfectly clean.

Thats Fresh
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
ONR and bucket of water. could easily fit in your trunk

Envious Eric
04-13-2009, 08:50 PM
ONR, MF towels, one bucket, wheel brush, favorite QD, tire dressing - thats all you need to wash!

ONR for exterior, ONR for a window cleaner

its really a versatile product that cleans interiors pretty well too with a quick wipe down