PDA

View Full Version : "Why would anybody care if tires shine?!?!"

Pages : [1] 2

BostonETC97
04-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello!

Just thought I`d share with everybody one of today`s experiences. I had to some time to kill this afternoon, and passed by a Target. I figure I`d go in and see if any automotive goodies were on sale. No real bargains to be had, but I saw they had the zymol leather treatments, and meg`s tire shine. I grab my goods, and head to the register.

The lady behind me grabs the tire shine, glares at me, and speaks in a loud, semi-angry voice: "Why would anybody care if their tires shine?" At a complete loss of words, I smiled, and said "for the same reason some people like their shoes shined." Explaining the concept of "detailing" would have made her head explode. :angry

Oh well! I guess my obsessive detailing isn`t understood by everybody!

I`m just glad the weather is better, and detailing season is here once again!

lland
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
There are also plenty of people who think a car is clean when it comes out of a car wash.

LL

FordFan2009
04-13-2009, 01:59 PM
thats just the kind of things jealous people say when their own car sucks to bad to even wash.

Mariellad60
04-13-2009, 02:00 PM
My mother doesn`t care how sloppy the wash on her car was as long as I "put that stuff on the tires to make them shiny"

BostonETC97
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Sometimes I forget that a car full of swirls, rolling on `brown` tires, with water-marks all over the glass is still considered "clean" by 90% of the motoring public.

Maybe my standards are through the roof since I`ve been detailing!

stiffdogg06
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I can`t go ANYWHERE without being disgusted with the amount of swirls on cars. Whether I am grocery shopping, at a red light, ANYWHERE I will always point them out...:wall

D.NGUYEN
04-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I can barely drive my car with a thin layer of dust on it!!!

02zx9r
04-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I can`t go ANYWHERE without being disgusted with the amount of swirls on cars. Whether I am grocery shopping, at a red light, ANYWHERE I will always point them out...:wall

im getting like that too now. Noticing it more and more...

flymybird
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I can barely drive my car with a thin layer of dust on it!!!

Hell, it bothered me so much that now I just keep my car in the garage and wash it daily.

I jog to work just to make sure I keep my car immaculate.

I mounted a $3,000 air purification system in my garage to filter out any specs of dust that could land on the surface of the car.

I make people wear bunny suits when they enter my garage...

:nana:

OK not really ... but I thought it was kinda funny :)

Flawless Image
04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Hell, it bothered me so much that now I just keep my car in the garage and wash it daily.

I mounted a $3,000 air purification system in my garage to filter out any specs of dust that could land on the surface of the car.

wow! I thought I was the only one that did that! oh wait.. you said you were joking.. dangit! I guess my shrink is right, im freakin crazy..

Bostonsfavson
04-13-2009, 04:53 PM
There are also plenty of people who think a car is clean when it comes out of a car wash.

LL

To them, it is.

chromecarz00
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM

wouldnt the cotten off the suits give off dust?

:chuckle:

ohiostate
04-13-2009, 05:31 PM

:LOLOL..............

SuperBee364
04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
It is so very inappropriate for a cashier to comment on *any* product you purchase. Glad you weren`t buying anything of a more personal nature...

BostonETC97
04-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I didn`t make it clear in my first post... it wasn`t the cashier. It was another customer behind me. She appeared as if she hadn`t been "buffed" in many years...!

...all just another reason I really want a house deep in the woods, with really big fences!